Outsourcing vs In-sourcing !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: firemachine69
The only reason Tesla is still alive is because there are enough sucker investors looking to chase a fad.

Do you know majority Tesla share holders are institutional investors and mutual funds ?

Source: http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TSLA/holders?ltr=1

Top Institutional Holders

Baillie Gifford and Company 13,066,791 Shares 9.76% $2,773,818,380
FMR, LLC 16,368,104 Shares 12.22% $3,760,899,321

Top Mutual Fund Holders

Fidelity Contrafund Inc 5,504,182 Shares 4.11% $1,228,698,525
Fidelity OTC Portfolio 3,139,299 Shares 2.34% $700,785,703

That's because they can then indirectly cash in the subsidies Tesla receives.

Originally Posted By: firemachine69
That's because they can then indirectly cash in the subsidies Tesla receives.

What are the subsidies ? Can you itemize ?

If I own 1 Tesla share I will receive the same benefit as someone owns 1 million Tesla shares(only difference is that someone will get 1 million time as much). Which Tesla subsidies I will get ?

If you don't know anything abut Tesla as a company don't post any garbage.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Ford, BMW and Toyota did take secret money from the U.S. government.
I call [censored] on that. Show us the proof. "Secret money" what is that, a different color?

It's true. Harley Davidson got a huge loan as well.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Do you also know that more than half of the engineers designing the iPhone since iPhone 4 were from the now defunct company call Palm? Same people, under different managements and resources, produce very different results.

Americans got talents, it is the investors' short sightness that forces managements to target short term profit, and end up with great disasters that ruined companies. Foreign products that are designed for long term success is a great bargain for the consumers, and in the long run for the foreign companies that are willing to accept lower short term profit along the way.

I buy both domestic and foreign products, but I believe buying low quality rip off junk just because it is "Made in America" is going to hurt us in the long run, and is totally unpatriotic.

You live in silicon valley at a good time for the tech industry...come out to the rust belt and you'll see why everyone is upset and suffering. Look at how much money Apple has offshore...take a look at how much investment is lost due to the high corporate tax rate promoted by liberal Democrats

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/14/news/tax-us-companies-offshore-cash/

That $1.4 Trillion invested in the US economy would not only increase tax revenue but create a few million jobs. Companies outsource to escape high taxation and high labor cost. If they get a break on either one they will stay. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.....but liberal Democrats won't do it and the whole country will suffer. Sooner or later silicon valley will ship it all away.

Also I think it's well past time we recognize that these corporations are no longer sovereign. They are global entities now. Their concern is primarily for the well being of their businesses not for any paticular society. Unfortunately what they care about is sales bottom line.

Originally Posted By: Doog
You live in silicon valley at a good time for the tech industry...come out to the rust belt and you'll see why everyone is upset and suffering. Look at how much money Apple has offshore...take a look at how much investment is lost due to the high corporate tax rate promoted by liberal Democrats

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/14/news/tax-us-companies-offshore-cash/

That $1.4 Trillion invested in the US economy would not only increase tax revenue but create a few million jobs. Companies outsource to escape high taxation and high labor cost. If they get a break on either one they will stay. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.....but liberal Democrats won't do it and the whole country will suffer. Sooner or later silicon valley will ship it all away.

And are you telling me that GE, Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc are not? Last time I heard they are doing the same thing or even more.

What does that have to do with politics you mentioned? Last time I heard people who wave these flags couldn't tell the difference between the 15% capital gain tax vs the allowed foreign tax shelter vs the "American have too high of a corporate tax".

Oh that 1.4T invested in US economy mostly goes to the off shore tax account in foreign tax shelters, paying zero american tax, because both isles of the political systems are in the pocket of these money, and tell you that repealing these tax shelter is the first step in raising tax rate on your local mom and pop small businesses paying the high corporate tax.

Go buy a made in Mexico Ford and Made in China GM all you want, but don't fantasize that your money is parked in a US bank, they are more likely to be in Bermuda or Cayman Island instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back