Ontario's Green Energy Boondoggle - Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Our latest bill for 680kwh @ 10.3c/kwh(our smart meter can't get a signal so its a flat rate)
$70.04 for power
$62.68 for delivery(rural/remote) down $20 from the fall.
$5.38 regulation fees
$6.80 tax
for $144.98 or 21.3c/kwh

That's with a gas hot water tank, kitchen stove, but an electric dryer run maybe 15 times a month and a 250w water trough heater which can run alot if its cold.

That flat rate is definitely helping you out. 680kWh usage is also pretty low, which is good. I know Buckhorn area gets nailed bad on delivery, looks like you are better than Warsaw surprisingly.

I thought for all Hydro1 areas atleast delivery charges were set only to 3 levels? Urban, small community, and rural?
I'd think warsaw would be a the middle density for delivery and cheaper than us?
I agree the whole thing is a mess though even though I think subsidizing and introducing renewables is a good idea, the level of mismanagement and waste is appalling... We just try to use as little power as possible, and perhaps get ready to go off grid if things get silly expensive when Hydro1 needs to make its investors rich...

Well, Jon uses less hydro than you (he's around 600) and his delivery has been around 90. He's in Warsaw, so I'm going to assume there is more to the tiering than just the area classification.

Have you not seen the bills where there was zero usage and a 100 dollar delivery charge?

hydro-one-bill.jpg

That's what folks who are further out are up against.
That is just crazy, asking you to pay delivery on something you never received lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back