Our monthly floor Jack thread

^^^ Just got a Big Red 4 Ton with dual pistons - it’s a very heavy jack - but the wheels will stay on concrete …
Really like it so far …

That Blackjack may be too tall for compact cars or anything that sits low to the ground. That was my experience anyway - had to use some scissor jacks to get vehicles high enough to be able to use the Blackjack.

I’ve had that HF floor Jack too, and it suffered from the same drawback as the Blackjack, too tall for some of the cars I have.

I do have the low profile 1.5 ton HF Jack, which is my main go-to Jack now. There have been a couple times I’ve run out of lift with it when using it on a truck or something, but a small board usually fixed that situation when it happened.

I have no experience with the other jacks mentioned.
Any car too low for my jack I drive onto 4 2x6 boards with the ends mitred (1 per wheel) so I can get the jack under.

Any car too low for my jack I drive onto 4 2x6 boards with the ends mitred (1 per wheel) so I can get the jack under.
I do the same thing with 2x12 laminated beam scraps. It works quite well, and if I want to get a vehicle a little higher I put the laminated beam under the jack on my level garage floor.

Here is a jack... LOL

1646863822471.jpg

Back