Our little dog passed yesterday.

You gave her a life of kindness and caring and did the best you could for her sir. Thank you kind soul. Be happy you had those years with her. We all have to pass over the rainbow bridge into forever peace.

It does. I will be leaving them before they leave me if they live a normal life. They live to 70-85 years old and the oldest is 15 and the other 10.
Believe me that is a whole other dilemma I really dont look forward to dealing with.
Do you have reptiles, amphibians, or parrots?

My wife had this little dog before her and I started dating. We became a blended family as you may say when we got married.

The dog's name was Secret. I referred to her as the FFLD which stands for Funny Looking Little Dog.

She had 1 ear up and the other down. Her hair grew into spikes. if her hair was allowed to grow out she kinda looked like a blond porky pine.

She was a great watchdog. Let us know if we had visitors. She could jump through hoops and do other tricks.

A few months ago she started having health issues. She progressed worse and worse. Yesterday she was panting and had some sort of seizure.

My wife found a mobil vet( I had no idea there was one here). They were going to come here about 7p to euthanize the dog.

About 5.45p the FLLD got a drink. Turned around and started walking back to her little bed and Fell over dead.

We sent her body to be cremated.

We both miss the little dog. My wife has been crying. I miss taking her out every morning and evening.
Poor baby. You were blessed.

So sorry to hear about you and your wife's little family member passing. Best wishes to you both as you heal and please just remember the love you had for your FLLD and the love she gave in return.

Sorry for the loss of your little dog. We have a little Poodle mix we took off the street when he was a little pup. He's been with us ever since. He's the first little dog I've ever had. And the best. I can't imagine how I'm going to deal with it when his time comes. That's the sad part of having dogs. They just don't live long enough.

I'm sorry to hear that, bud. I didn't even like my wife's dog very much and even I got choked up when we had to euthanize him last year.

I've said this on every other loss of pet thread. I'll say it again, because I'm a broken record. A loss of a pet is a loss of family. Nothing that I say will make it sting less, just know that we're all here with you, regardless.

My wife , son, and I have made the decision to put our 14 yo Shepard to sleep a week from tomorrow. His quality of life has gone way down and he will hurt more in cold weather. It will not be easy.

Sorry for your loss. My beagle corgi mix daisy was my best sidekick for 17 years. You get used to their mannerisms and barks.

Sorry, Chris. :(
d1f4e2b3c840729548998c2141864542.jpg

Losing a pet, in this case a dog is something that some people who never had one can not relate too in most cases. Our dog so tightly part of our family and still to this day 12 years later amazes us all the time, how in tune he is with us. We almost lost him July 2021 and it was a horrible feeling like I cant describe but that is another story for another thread one day.

Back