O'Reilly's MSL line " Wix Xp " knock off( Pic )

We've been selling these for several months now.

Got this adorable cut out thing within the last few days.

One thing I like tremendously about these is they, on average, are $10-$15 in my store where the XP line is $20-$50+. They're also significantly more heavy, especially when comparing the small modern filters to the MSL equivalent.

So, I can sell these for $9.99 where majority of my basic Wix filters are $14+.
I've cut so many Microgard filters open that I don't put much thought into filter choices. At least for my vehicles. One car gets supreme oil and filter because it's the road trip car.

I bought ProTec 12 packs( wix jobber line ) of 51372 and 51060 filters 10 years ago and they always look great when cut open. One was in use for 4 years to...

Attachments

• IMG_20221213_182322430.jpg
    IMG_20221213_182322430.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20221213_182342106_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221213_182342106_HDR.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 226
Nice cross section. They seem to be pretty good construction. The made in vietnam STP XL filters are similar, although those sometimes are champ XL.

The title of this thread doesn't make sense ... the Mircrogard isn't a "knock-off" of anything, let alone a WIX XP.

I came in to post the same thing, this filter is by no means a knockoff of the WIX XP and in fact I would go as far as saying that it is superior in every way to the WIX XP unless you just really really want to have wire backed synthetic media with rock catcher filtration efficiency.

what's funny (ironic) is that the micogard select and regular oil filters are made by the same company that bought out WIX! mann/hummel.. So why is it that the "junk" we're seeing take over Wix isn't taking over Oreilly's house brand?! odd..

How did you cut that cross section so cleanly? Did you use an ultra thin laser beam? :oops:
I think thats a display he got from the manufacturer. Must have been cut in half with a band saw and then some delicate work on the filter media by hand? Looks awesome.

what's funny (ironic) is that the micogard select and regular oil filters are made by the same company that bought out WIX! mann/hummel.. So why is it that the "junk" we're seeing take over Wix isn't taking over Oreilly's house brand?! odd..
Microgard red box is MH but Microgard Select green box is NOT

I believe Premium Guard is making those Select Microgard filters.

Same exact filters that Federated Auto Parts sells as their XL filter line.

Along with a cheat sheet for part numbers, which makes no sense being we've always had wix numbers for a all of OReilly and checkers...............................................

The 51085 filters have poorly thrown on Mann stickers on them.

WITH 4 HOLES FOR OIL FLOW.

I had a panic attack when I saw the cases come through.

$5.99 Jobber Microgard with 8+ holes,

$14 Wix/Mann whatever filter with 4 oval holes......

I'm ignorant for thinking that way but I don't like changes that dramatic.

Flow racing 20w50 or straight 40w - 60w Vr1 through those holes when only oil is only 120* (I live in a boating town) and I bet there will be some differences from the other filters that have been the same looking for 3 decades... I'm ignorant but I'm ok with that 😅

Along with a cheat sheet for part numbers, which makes no sense being we've always had wix numbers for a all of OReilly and checkers...............................................
Well back when microgard was Fram they had Fram numbers

Well back when microgard was Fram they had Fram numbers
I've been with OReilly for 6 years so that must have been before my time.

I remember the day we were ordered to pull Fram off the bottom shelf of our Plano and they took the cross reference information out of our system. It was it was an immediate action. Found it strange.

I've been with OReilly for 6 years so that must have been before my time.

I remember the day we were ordered to pull Fram off the bottom shelf of our Plano and they took the cross reference information out of our system. It was it was an immediate action. Found it strange.
The funniest ones were Bosch ST they were identical to Wix for $1 more but so many people bought them because “oooh Bosch it must be better for my European car” 😂

I switched all my subies over to Select filters. Been running them for a bit. No issues with rust like I had with Fram.

I'm surprised the Microguard Select isn't getting more attention. I'm thinking this will be my next filter choice as the WIX offerings seem overpriced and (now) questionable in build quality... These "Selects" appear to be made very well. Plus, not a bad deal when getting them on the Oil deal/combo.

Back