Orbis Brake Rotors

...Using revolutionary technology developed with NASA, Orbis Brakes delivers an unprecedented advantage across the brake spectrum — racecar performance at a consumer price. Our line of lighter, cooler, safer, and vastly more efficient Periodic Wave™ disc brakes allow owners to make a major upgrade on the single most important part of their vehicle...

...The Periodic Wave disc brake is the result of a unique multi-year collaboration with NASA. Enlisting the space agency’s expertise in aerodynamics and heat disbursement, Orbis created a rotor design with a “Periodic Wave” pattern that generates surface cooling, as opposed to traditional rotors that depend on less effective internal venting. The design allows heat to be shed from spinning objects, transforming a simple piece of low-cost iron into a high-performance, aerodynamic technology that cools 2x faster than conventional brakes, while reducing pad wear, brake dust, and dangerous brake fade...

So they hired NASA to run CFD on it for the buzz words. Adding additional tabulators/trip strips is like 70s tech. Do they have actual test data?

Ill be the first one to buy those "EcoWave" rotors if they are sold at the prices listed, these are definitely highly engineered rotors but I have doubts on the price.

I like how they marketed their entire C-level execs over their engineering team; the next Wilwood? They're non-ventilated, non-floating, two-piece rotors. And their rotor+wheel combo? Not sure why they think that's a good idea, sounds like crack-rotor city to me.

They even put the tire on backwards in their advertisement.

1660926996063.png

Last edited:
Is it me or is none of this really novel? They may be the first to use these concepts together on one rotor for passenger cars, but otherwise while it seems interesting and looks cool, not sure what is really new... Maybe I am a skeptic.

Is that what NASA does these days? No wonder they have not sent anything up into space for so many years. Why are we paying them over 20 billion a year? I highly doubt sending remotely controlled toys costs that much.
We are now starting to see the benefits of their ungodly salaries! Cool brake rotors!

Reminds me of Galfer rotors for motorcycles that have been around for a few decades.
You need two for the front. Why not splurge and get the rear too. :whistle:

I love brake vaporware, announce something quirky and cool and not to have any of the OEM's pick up the tech or bring an aftermarket product to light.
There was one brake tech where it consisted of a circular brake caliper providing complete rotor clamping force.

Reminds me of Galfer rotors for motorcycles that have been around for a few decades.
You need two for the front. Why not splurge and get the rear too. :whistle:
That was my first thought also .....been running Galfer rotors for 10+ years on every build

Back