Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fordboy
no

"I am probably the youngest member of this site."

and you answer like one
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Anyone ever use Opti 2 two cycle oil?

Gota link J never heard of the stuff,how much,synthetic??

It is a concentrated parafinnic oil. Both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. High in ZDDP. It's a great break-in oil for a 4-stroke for a couple seasons before synthetic. It is a very costly oil. The mower shop used to charge me $ 6/qt for the 4 cycle oil and double that for 2-cycle oil. Now the 2-cycle oil is supposed to be diluted 100:1 for all engines and applications.

I found that my equiptment overheated a bit at 100:1 and the RPM's were lagging. At 50:1 you would be fine.

Good stuff...sounds like you got a deal...dealers overcharge as they offer an extra 2 year warranty with any new equiptment purchase.

You may have gotten $24.00 retail for $2.00...not bad...just go with the 80:1 or 50:1 better yet (manufacturer's spec) and you will be good.

FYI I switched to Amsoil Sabre' at 50:1 and my equitpment runs the best of all....Sabre' is amazing..the best 2-cycle synthetic oil in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete591
It is a concentrated parafinnic oil. Both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. High in ZDDP. It's a great break-in oil for a 4-stroke for a couple seasons before synthetic. It is a very costly oil. The mower shop used to charge me $ 6/qt for the 4 cycle oil and double that for 2-cycle oil. Now the 2-cycle oil is supposed to be diluted 100:1 for all engines and applications.

I found that my equiptment overheated a bit at 100:1 and the RPM's were lagging. At 50:1 you would be fine.

Good stuff...sounds like you got a deal...dealers overcharge as they offer an extra 2 year warranty with any new equiptment purchase.

You may have gotten $24.00 retail for $2.00...not bad...just go with the 80:1 or 50:1 better yet (manufacturer's spec) and you will be good.

FYI I switched to Amsoil Sabre' at 50:1 and my equitpment runs the best of all....Sabre' is amazing..the best 2-cycle synthetic oil in my humble opinion.

Really?? it's that good?

Originally Posted By: Pete591

....Sabre' is amazing..the best 2-cycle synthetic oil in my humble opinion.

methinks most karters and bike racers including 125 and 250 GP teams worldwide (and moi) may disagree with you
wink.gif

Probably very good, but 'best' ??
grin2.gif

Johnny, I'm sure it'd be fine at 50:1 but I just can't take their claim seriously that recommends 100:1 in everything when it's mineral oil based, but then I've said more than once what I think of Amsoils claim of running 100:1 with Sabre too.
LOL.gif

Our local "residential mower shop" now sells the 2-cycle for $24.60 and the 4-cycle is $12.60/qt.

How's that for advertising...advertising...advertising...

If you buy a new piece of equiptment from the dealer the warranty is doubeld if you buy a case of 6 this stuff ( $147.6 for the 2-cycle and $75.60 for the 4-stroke.

I got sucked in when I bought a Briggs V-Twin 16HP. Paid the $75.60 which amounts to 3 oil changes and the 2 yr warranty was doubled to 4 yrs parts and labor.

So I thought I had a good insurance policy....but knew what was kinda going on.

A dealer could make more on the oil than the equiptment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back