Opti 2

Originally Posted By: fordboy
no
"I am probably the youngest member of this site." and you answer like one
 Originally Posted By: Johnny
Anyone ever use Opti 2 two cycle oil?
Gota link J never heard of the stuff,how much,synthetic??

It is a concentrated parafinnic oil. Both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. High in ZDDP. It's a great break-in oil for a 4-stroke for a couple seasons before synthetic. It is a very costly oil. The mower shop used to charge me $ 6/qt for the 4 cycle oil and double that for 2-cycle oil. Now the 2-cycle oil is supposed to be diluted 100:1 for all engines and applications. I found that my equiptment overheated a bit at 100:1 and the RPM's were lagging. At 50:1 you would be fine. Good stuff...sounds like you got a deal...dealers overcharge as they offer an extra 2 year warranty with any new equiptment purchase. You may have gotten $24.00 retail for $2.00...not bad...just go with the 80:1 or 50:1 better yet (manufacturer's spec) and you will be good. FYI I switched to Amsoil Sabre' at 50:1 and my equitpment runs the best of all....Sabre' is amazing..the best 2-cycle synthetic oil in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
 Originally Posted By: Pete591
It is a concentrated parafinnic oil. Both 2-stroke and 4-stroke. High in ZDDP. It's a great break-in oil for a 4-stroke for a couple seasons before synthetic. It is a very costly oil. The mower shop used to charge me $ 6/qt for the 4 cycle oil and double that for 2-cycle oil. Now the 2-cycle oil is supposed to be diluted 100:1 for all engines and applications. I found that my equiptment overheated a bit at 100:1 and the RPM's were lagging. At 50:1 you would be fine. Good stuff...sounds like you got a deal...dealers overcharge as they offer an extra 2 year warranty with any new equiptment purchase. You may have gotten $24.00 retail for $2.00...not bad...just go with the 80:1 or 50:1 better yet (manufacturer's spec) and you will be good. FYI I switched to Amsoil Sabre' at 50:1 and my equitpment runs the best of all....Sabre' is amazing..the best 2-cycle synthetic oil in my humble opinion.
Really?? it's that good?

Originally Posted By: Pete591
....Sabre' is amazing..the best 2-cycle synthetic oil in my humble opinion.
methinks most karters and bike racers including 125 and 250 GP teams worldwide (and moi) may disagree with you ;\) Probably very good, but 'best' ??

Johnny, I'm sure it'd be fine at 50:1 but I just can't take their claim seriously that recommends 100:1 in everything when it's mineral oil based, but then I've said more than once what I think of Amsoils claim of running 100:1 with Sabre too.

Our local "residential mower shop" now sells the 2-cycle for $24.60 and the 4-cycle is $12.60/qt. How's that for advertising...advertising...advertising... If you buy a new piece of equiptment from the dealer the warranty is doubeld if you buy a case of 6 this stuff ( $147.6 for the 2-cycle and $75.60 for the 4-stroke. I got sucked in when I bought a Briggs V-Twin 16HP. Paid the $75.60 which amounts to 3 oil changes and the 2 yr warranty was doubled to 4 yrs parts and labor. So I thought I had a good insurance policy....but knew what was kinda going on. A dealer could make more on the oil than the equiptment.

Last edited: