Opinions needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with Glocks have been most positive. My 19,21,&22 have been very accurate. All have shot spot on at 7&15 yards. They do, however, require some serious practice to get used to the trigger pull. I have NEVER had a single malfunction with any of my Glocks in any of the 3 calibers.

My 21 & 22 have the Hogue slip on grips which make it much more comfortable. My 19 is for carry and I didn't want the extra width.

I have tried the S&W M&P and the XD's in various configurations and calibers. I still prefer the Glocks. Glocks fit my hands much better. Triggers on the M&P's leave much to be desired. I could probably warm-up to the XD's but my Glocks serve me just fine. It's a Chevy vs Ford thing. The one thing that Glocks do have over the other mentioned pistols is the aftermarket parts supply. I would never modify a carry pistol, but the ability of the Glock platform to support other calibers and configurations with the same frame could be appealing to others.

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
Avoid the Glock,very unaccurate and does not shoot very well.My father had one,won it at a friends of the NRA banquent which was a NRA special and hated it.Got rid of and sold it

Sounds like someone was flinching and/or limp wristing the pistol.

Sigma is underrated. It's a fine, dependable pistol. I've had mine fore 11 years now. Never a hiccup. Trigger pull is long-ish. But really not THAT bad.

Originally Posted By: Fatboymoe
My experience with Glocks have been most positive. My 19,21,&22 have been very accurate. All have shot spot on at 7&15 yards. They do, however, require some serious practice to get used to the trigger pull. I have NEVER had a single malfunction with any of my Glocks in any of the 3 calibers.

My 21 & 22 have the Hogue slip on grips which make it much more comfortable. My 19 is for carry and I didn't want the extra width.

I have tried the S&W M&P and the XD's in various configurations and calibers. I still prefer the Glocks. Glocks fit my hands much better. Triggers on the M&P's leave much to be desired. I could probably warm-up to the XD's but my Glocks serve me just fine. It's a Chevy vs Ford thing. The one thing that Glocks do have over the other mentioned pistols is the aftermarket parts supply. I would never modify a carry pistol, but the ability of the Glock platform to support other calibers and configurations with the same frame could be appealing to others.

The trigger on the M&P was the only thing that I didn't like. It it had a trigger like the Glock I might have liked it more than the Glock. My buddy was teaching me how to stage the trigger and it was much easier on Glock than the M&P.
I would love to try an XD but the range doesn't have any to rent and I don't know anyone who has one.

I have Sherer 3.5lb connectors in both my Glock 17 and the 26. It's a very dramatic difference from the stock connector, and even the Glock 3.5lb one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back