ONCE AND FOR ALL, THE BEST OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FrankN4
Originally Posted By: saaber1
One of the things I am doing now is comparing GP II/+ to GP III to GP IV. If I get to release that, it is really impressive, at least to me.

What do you mean, "If I get to release that?" Do you mean that you don't have permission to release your own study? Or do you mean that you may not get around to it? or ?

Legally I did not do the UOA's, did not authorize them, and only take them from public display. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the labs that did the UOA's. I cannot reveal what I learned from independent labs as to the percentages of what group oils, VII, and other proprietary information. There is more, but, according to my attorney I could open myself up to the wrath of the oil companies by doing a release of a research paper. I would have to come up with a disclaimer that would satisfy my attorney and one that would be so effective as to almost say don't bother reading this.
crazy2.gif

What I can legally do, is give "MY OPINIONS," on an open forum, and say this is what I learned and how I learned this.

This was to help someone else and is not part of an academic paper for me. I did my two thesis and my dissertation, and I am finished academically though I hope I never stop learning.

I will admit that it has been a lot of fun and very interesting. It helped me to understand how ignorant I was about lubrication, more so than oil. In fact, I think that if we were to think more along the lines of 'LUBRICATION" than of motor oil, we might take a giant step forward.

I'm confused. WHy did you do this study if you can't release the results? In any study if you don't make your data available, it is completely worthless and cannot be peer reviewed. Why did you hire an attorney? What is your motivation for doing this study? To be honest, this sounds very fishy to me at this point.

One of the things I am doing now is comparing GP II/+ to GP III to GP IV. If I get to release that, it is really impressive, at least to me.

What do you mean, "If I get to release that?" Do you mean that you don't have permission to release your own study? Or do you mean that you may not get around to it? or ?

Legally I did not do the UOA's, did not authorize them, and only take them from public display. I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the labs that did the UOA's. I cannot reveal what I learned from independent labs as to the percentages of what group oils, VII, and other proprietary information. There is more, but, according to my attorney I could open myself up to the wrath of the oil companies by doing a release of a research paper. I would have to come up with a disclaimer that would satisfy my attorney and one that would be so effective as to almost say don't bother reading this.
crazy2.gif

What I can legally do, is give "MY OPINIONS," on an open forum, and say this is what I learned and how I learned this.

This was to help someone else and is not part of an academic paper for me. I did my two thesis and my dissertation, and I am finished academically though I hope I never stop learning.

I will admit that it has been a lot of fun and very interesting. It helped me to understand how ignorant I was about lubrication, more so than oil. In fact, I think that if we were to think more along the lines of 'LUBRICATION" than of motor oil, we might take a giant step forward.

I'm confused. WHy did you do this study if you can't release the results? In any study if you don't make your data available, it is completely worthless and cannot be peer reviewed. Why did you hire an attorney? What is your motivation for doing this study? To be honest, this sounds very fishy to me at this point.

I started this study just for fun, just because I was curious. The motivation was someone said UOA's showed that brand X 5W-30 was extremely quick to shear out of grade. I didn't believe that so I looked at all UOA'a of all brands of 5W-30. Sure enough, I discovered that Brand X was the second most shear resistant, stay in grade of any, including boutique oil. I did not mean for it to turn into a project. I was going to do the research and post on BITOG what I had discovered. When I posted the results of the first phase of the study, here on BITOG, I got a PM asking if I would be willing to make this part of a research project. Sounded like a great idea to me. All I had to do was compile data and analyze. I now see and admit I was very naive and ignorant for a man of my age and experience.
smirk2.gif

We have three attorneys in the family. One is a corporate lawyer retired from A HUGH OIL COMPANY. We see each other often, sometimes daily. We often talk and I show him some BITOG post, especially those about the Valvoline/Mobil 1 IVA, not meeting API. He told me what Mobil 1 would and would not do. So far he has been correct. I trust him. He told me I could not even think about releasing any information from gas chromatography, liquid solvent chromatography, or spectrography because I had it done by volunteers or by students as a class project.

Quote:
I could open myself up to the wrath of the oil companies by doing a release of a research paper. I would have to come up with a disclaimer that would satisfy my attorney and one that would be so effective as to almost say don't bother reading this.
crazy2.gif

People do make assumptions. You assumed I paid money and hired an attorney for some reason. Actually, I just had my family member sitting around my computer and saying "you can" or "you better not." He looked at some posts and said they were extremely thin ice dangerous. If you were to tell me that you use brand X and go 10,000 miles OCI, then I tell someone else that they can go 10,000 miles OCI if they use brand X, and if they do use brand X, and blow an engine, I can be sued for liability. I may win or I may lose, depends on temperament of jury and quality of attorneys, but, win or lose, it is going to cost me, in many ways. If I use brand X and go 10,000 miles OCI, then I tell someone this is what I HAVE DONE, then they decide to use brand X, blow their engine, I am not liable "if" I can show where I, not someone else, actually went the 10,000 and had good results. I can share my own experiences and make recommendations based upon those experiences.

Maybe I am especially aware of legal matters. I have three attorneys, one active judge, one forensic criminologist, and one law enforcement agent in the extended family. There is also a protestant minister, a Roman Catholic Catechist, an undertaker, three or four school teachers. You would love the conversation/discussions
23.gif
at our family reunion each July.

I can come on BITOG, start a new post, and say that I have "CONCLUDED" from umpteen hours of research with the help of "PERSONAL VOLUNTEER ASSISTANTS," that brand A is the most shear stable, Brand B shows the least UOA wear metals, brand C keeps engines cleaner, brand D produces longest engine life, brand E shears out of grade in X000 miles or less, and such. You then have the opportunity to review all of my research data and question what/why/how.

No secrets, nothing clandestine, and I do not work for an oil company, blender, or supplier.

Quote:
just publish the results as a novel
grin2.gif

LOL.gif

The oils featured in this publication are completely fictional. Any resemblance to any oil currently in production or obsolete is purely coincidental. No similarity to any oil either currently in production or obsolete is intended or should be inferred

Just give each oil a fictional ID #. Then it can leak out what oil is what ID# later or people will just recognize it based on the specs if the UOAs are there. ?

Also I think if people had three lawyers look at everything and find all the possible risks, the world would come to a standstill.

Almost thought it was another [delyitia] Pyirmid post..

Edit: Take your name calling of site sponsors products away from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: fxrider
Almost thought it was another [deletia] Pyirmid post..
Nothing wrong with Amsoil! And their MLM is not a "Pyramid Scheme" either!
thumbsup2.gif

With less than a month and 10 posts I would be doing some more reading before making these statements!
smirk2.gif

P.s. There are Amsoil site sponsors that make this information available through their sponsorship which I'm sure isn't cheap...
wink.gif

Quote:
Just give each oil a fictional ID #.

It's easier than that.

"Take this oil here, which oddly has likenesses to XOM's 5w-30 EP offering..."

Or one could adopt the Glenn Beck approach to saying what you're not saying.

"Now I'm not saying this!! ...BUT"

Now I've used this when I dealt with troubled young men:

"Now I won't call you this. NO. That's not my style and it would be against the rules ..and I respect rules. But my cousin in Lancaster County would call you a ******* *******!"

Originally Posted By: PT1
Kinda off topic but why do people think Amsoil is a pyramid scheme?
21.gif

Because it's sold through MLM and not on store shelves other than a select few that dealers have scouted out and made arrangements with.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: PT1
Kinda off topic but why do people think Amsoil is a pyramid scheme?
21.gif

Because it's sold through MLM and not on store shelves other than a select few that dealers have scouted out and made arrangements with.
wink.gif

Even that is inaccurate. Any dealer can have a small store as a Retail Account. One thing for sure, people are ignorant. They really don't even know what a pyramid scheme is. And to associate a legitimate, legal business with a pyramid scheme, just is really more of a reflection on the person making the statement than anything else.

There is rumor I heard that Avon Products is going to buy Amsoil. They have a similar sales model, but Avon has 5.4 million independent Sales Representatives around the world.

The sales rep can sell make-up to the females of the house and also sell motor oil to the men of the house on the same visit. I bet a lot of men wold prefer that because most of the Avon reps are a lot prettier than Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back