Old Man Bored to death by Appliance Camry.

I bought a '07 new and kept it for 10 years.
I always said it was the best transportation I ever owned, but the most most boring car I ever owned.
Eventually got a Challenger - a proper old man car!
I scored a Challenger rental once and was impressed. Easy to get in and out of for us older guys, 30 mpg, roomy trunk, drives and handles solid, comfortable, great sound system. It was a fun week......

What ever happened to cars that weren't grayscale? I bet I could visit the five nearest Toyota dealers and not find a red Camry. I miss color.
Wow just remembered the last oil change at my Hyundai dealer.
My dealer is in Golden Co. and it's a bit hilly here.
The dealership sits on a hill and I could see across the street about 80 % of their inventory and thought the same thing.
Where are all the colors besides white, gray and black?
Then I remembered that all the colors are a 1/2 mile west at the Dodge dealer.
The Italians know color.

Hold on there. $219.95? What country is this in or what year was the picture taken? The cheapest front load washer at Best Buy is $600 and red isn't even an option.
That's just the stand the unit sits on.

I scored a Challenger rental once and was impressed. Easy to get in and out of for us older guys, 30 mpg, roomy trunk, drives and handles solid, comfortable, great sound system. It was a fun week......

I drove a Charger rental. V6. Didn't impress me. Maybe the V8 upper trim levels are nicer but the V6 rental was very blah. Certainly not more exciting than my Camry.

The dealership sits on a hill and I could see across the street about 80 % of their inventory and thought the same thing.
The Italians know color.
FCA/Chrysler/etc. has ALWAYS impressed me with their palate.

I drove a Charger rental. V6. Didn't impress me. Maybe the V8 upper trim levels are nicer but the V6 rental was very blah. Certainly not more exciting than my Camry.
Agreed. If you're going to get a car of that ilk, get the V8, and if you're getting the 345, go on ahead and get the 392. The only exception is the AWD Charger, which sadly does not come in 392 flavor, but I totally would go for it to get the AWD.

What ever happened to cars that weren't grayscale? I bet I could visit the five nearest Toyota dealers and not find a red Camry. I miss color.
I agree totally....silver and gray cars are abundant and boring IMO.....I like red, bright blue and green etc.....even white....

Yeah, Mercedes is kinda crazy about that. For my year, I got a designo graphite which is basically gray. But they also had flint gray, indium gray, pewter and iridium silver as colors.

With all due respect I just don't understand how a Kia Soul can be much more fun or better than a Toyota Camry. I would prefer to own the Toyota Camry. This is the reason they make thousands of different cars. BTW you could have purchased a painted to match bumper cover for that Soul from Ebay for $500.00 and had a backyard mechanic install it for you. Everyone has different tastes and you will be happy when you get your vehicle back in like new repaired condition. :)

We are currently leasing a 2018 Camry SE Hybrid (It was mine until I got my Camaro, now the girlfriend took over the lease for the next year) and I personally never found it to be "appliance" worthy. Perhaps it is the SE package? Larger 18" wheels, sport suspension and all that. Interior is really nice, the 200+ HP is plenty peppy enough along with the EV motor helping out, etc...

My dad had the "LE" Hybrid Camry of the same vintage and it is quite a bit different in handling, for sure. Way too soft/floaty. It makes a big difference. But I am a sucker for firmer suspensions that let you feel the road and push things a bit more. So the larger 18" wheels and firmer suspension of the SE was a huge must for me.

I see the appliance status going to more base level sub-compact type cars... Corolla, Forte, etc... The Camry IMO pushes out of that a bit in the right trim package, like any car.

With all due respect I just don't understand how a Kia Soul can be much more fun or better than a Toyota Camry. I would prefer to own the Toyota Camry. This is the reason they make thousands of different cars. BTW you could have purchased a painted to match bumper cover for that Soul from Ebay for $500.00 and had a backyard mechanic install it for you. Everyone has different tastes and you will be happy when you get your vehicle back in like new repaired condition. :)
Luckily the guy that hit me had insurance. Had he not I would have taken that approach. Had one to blame accident in my life three years ago and at my age they probably wouldn't insure me if I had a second. If I'd totaled it in a one car accident I'd just go out and pay cash for another one. Old people buy Souls at a greater than expected rate cause they're the same interior size as a Camry but easier on the garage and the knees.

We are currently leasing a 2018 Camry SE Hybrid (It was mine until I got my Camaro, now the girlfriend took over the lease for the next year) and I personally never found it to be "appliance" worthy. Perhaps it is the SE package? Larger 18" wheels, sport suspension and all that. Interior is really nice, the 200+ HP is plenty peppy enough along with the EV motor helping out, etc...

My dad had the "LE" Hybrid Camry of the same vintage and it is quite a bit different in handling, for sure. Way too soft/floaty. It makes a big difference. But I am a sucker for firmer suspensions that let you feel the road and push things a bit more. So the larger 18" wheels and firmer suspension of the SE was a huge must for me.

I see the appliance status going to more base level sub-compact type cars... Corolla, Forte, etc... The Camry IMO pushes out of that a bit in the right trim package, like any car.
For the record I'm liking it better and better as I drive it.

Picked this up last week and has a dark gray interior.
2A235743-A02E-4510-B12F-94EB2A52FC1B.jpeg
064677AB-FFE9-4E99-BCBD-2F9D0883A5AA.jpeg
649B122D-7352-470E-9252-07BBE9F433DB.jpeg

I’m saying that a convertible Miata will be more fun on the street (and track, if we are honest).
You’ll never touch the full potential Of the Mercedes on the street, it’s not a race car. It’s a gussied up appliance.

Again, if it doesn’t start and end with “two door convertible” it’s irrelevant as a “fun” vehicle. It simply becomes “I spent more money on my compromise.”
Some people prefer a car with a roof. I would rather drive a Yugo than just about any convertible.

Reactions: Ws6
Yes. I hate flexy cars. Was my main complaint about my c6 z06 in the dynamics department. Flexy. Convertible? Not a fan. It flexes more and has horrible aerodynamics.
First car I ever saw that had to be on level ground to open the doors was a convertible.

The Italians know color.
With my mother not looking for a specific color (just not black, white, or gray), the dealer had to get a Corolla from New York. EVERY one in New England was a non-color.

Hold on there. $219.95? What country is this in or what year was the picture taken? The cheapest front load washer at Best Buy is $600 and red isn't even an option.
Last brand new washer/dryer were $199.99 each at menards
2 settings and generic white, still works 6 years later

Back