Old Man Bored to death by Appliance Camry.

Got sideswiped by a bad driver while passing (he came across center of road)
the 2020 elantra needed 2 new doors and the rocker.. 6300 with used parts.. yes used 2020 doors.. U G H.

There was no structural damage.. his tire just did a giant eraser down both doors.
Shop baked the paint looks decent.. its a commuter.. life goes on.

edit: I think they replaced the rear passenger wheel too as it was scuffed.

IF I let it this could really irritate me.. but its a commuter not a classic car.

doubt when it gets traded in .. in about 7 years there will be any ding on its minimal value.

I know I'm going to offend some here, but I'm going to say it anyway. Isn't that true of all Toyota products? Very conservative designs and technology. Long, long time between refreshes. And even after a refresh, so many features of their cars still don't change. At least not significantly.

With such a strong emphasis on reliability, and perhaps safety, it seems like all other design features take a very distant third place at Toyota.

I don't see it as offensive. Although subjective I see a lot of truth to the statement. BMW rushes out with tech and deals with the warranty issues. Toyota and Lexus are like molasses with any form of upgrade. Ford tends to push the tech out to quick as well. There is a lot to be said about vanilla!! Tried and true!

Reactions: pbm
Sorry you lost your Soul.

I was going to suggest a used Mercedes. Way more fun driving and has lots of features, never really get bored in it. Sound system is Harman Kardon. Everyone thinks they're expensive to maintain but I've just done average stuff on mine for the last 6 years. Depreciation is extreme on used cars so you can pay about a 1/3 when they're at 5-6 years old and have maybe 2/3s of their life left.
The Soul will be fixed on Tuesday. Mercedes is one of many brands you'll never see me in.

Rear End Damage.jpg

The Soul will be fixed on Tuesday. Mercedes is one of many brands you'll never see me in.
They're pretty nice to drive. Never bored driving either one. Still can't decide which one I'd get rid of first, I like the older model better than the newer one, but the newer one has some features that the older one doesn't have. Lots of safety features too. I've lost track if it has 8 or 9 airbags.

They're pretty nice to drive. Never bored driving either one. Still can't decide which one I'd get rid of first, I like the older model better than the newer one, but the newer one has some features that the older one doesn't have. Lots of safety features too. I've lost track if it has 8 or 9 airbags.
I won't be trading my Kia in on a Bentley either. Cars depreciate, I don't splurge on them, and I don't want to deal with German maintenance, even VW.

Reactions: pbm
I seldom hit it big on rentals since the company came down a notch on class. Camry, Malibu, Kia … today I had a Ford hatchback from Enterprise that was actually quiet compared to some … Glad I just rent these …

I won't be trading my Kia in on a Bentley either. Cars depreciate, I don't splurge on them, and I don't want to deal with German maintenance, even VW.

Well the cheapest Bentley you can pick up now is about 43k.

But you can get a 2008 Mercedes E-350 starting at about 5k.

The funny thing is the older I get, ( upper 30's now) the more I just want my car to serve it's purpose and just work. I have a Jeep to work on for fun and I want my daily river to be boring and get me from point A to B reliably and sip gas doing it. That's what they do...
Interesting. I have migrated in exactly the opposite direction.

The older I get the less concerned I am about economy of a car. I'm more willing to take some risk with my cars. I want excitement out of them. I want comfort that my earlier cars never gave. I want to be surrounded by a beautiful interior. I want to enjoy the beauty of the styling when I look upon it. I want a fantastic ride and respectable handling when I go from A to B. Make the journey a pleasure, not just a chore.

No more vanilla. Give me rocky road.

Interesting. I have migrated in exactly the opposite direction.

The older I get the less concerned I am about economy of a car. I'm more willing to take some risk with my cars. I want excitement out of them. I want comfort that my earlier cars never gave. I want to be surrounded by a beautiful interior. I want to enjoy the beauty of the styling when I look upon it. I want a fantastic ride and respectable handling when I go from A to B. Make the journey a pleasure, not just a chore.

No more vanilla. Give me rocky road.

Oh yeah, check out the interior of this S-65. Maybe in a few more years when the price comes down. You can get regular 2010-2013 S-550's in the 13-25k range.

Do you want a sedan? SUV? Truck???

Mazdas are usually pretty fun.
I enjoy my CX5, but my experience with the Camry TRD shows the Camry to be ever so slightly fleeter from a highway punch. Not much, but enough to agree that it is a touch quicker on the clock.

Oh yeah, check out the interior of this S-65. Maybe in a few more years when the price comes down. You can get regular 2010-2013 S-550's in the 13-25k range.

"An older S-class, if you can keep it"---Lincoln, if he were a financial advisor, probably.

Back