OK professionals. Here is the TEST !

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by mikemc:

quote:

Originally posted by ted s:
Amsoil and change it every 30-35k.

What about his 5,000 mile maintenance interval in order to keep his warranty alive?
nono.gif

Covered by a satisfactory oil analysis at the warranty-recommended interval plus performing all the other required maintenance.

Ken

With all that boost being crammed into that engine, I'd would DANG sure want some moly with that oil. I'll get flamed for that because there are a lot of others who claim that you can still get great results from other additives, but your question was "as if it was YOUR truck."
I'd go along with the M1 recommendations in the 10W-30 or even a 15W-40.

cglenn, Congratulations on your Lightning! There is nothing quite like 450 ft/lbs. of torque to make the day.
lol.gif
The 99 and 2000 Gen 2 Lightning's called for 5W-30. There were no internal engine changes in 2001 when they began calling for 5W-20. When I got my brand new 2000 Lightning in September of 2000 I changed the original oil and filter at 500 miles to Havoline 5W-30. At 1500 miles I went to M1 5W-30 and a Mobil 1 filter. For the past year or so I have switched to the Motorcraft FL-820S oil filter. I did run M1 10W-30 last summer and M1 5W-30 this winter.

Sure I'll run a 20 weight in it--20w50!

But seriously, I would use 10w30 and/or 15w40 with possibly a 5w30 synthetic in the coldest months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back