OIL SUGGESTIONS FOR ENVOY DENALI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am changing the oil on my moms 2006 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3 V8 this week. Looking for oil suggestions...?? She drives mostly city and changes oil by OLM and get it changed at dealer which I think puts in dino?? Currently the OLM lasts around 8000 to 10000 km or 5000 to 6000 miles.

I also have the 5.3L engine.

Well, given where you live and my experience running many types of oils, I would put in Pennzoil Platinum (PP) or another top quality Synthetic with a high quality oil filter.

You'll want the low Pour Point of a Synthetic especially in the Winter... Try 0w-30 - it took away the cold start knock from mine.

Good luck and let us know what you do...

I had a very good UOA with a dealership oil change on my 5.3L v8. GM dealers have a deal with Petro Canada, and so you're getting petro-can 5w-30, which is a very good oil. You would do very well staying with that.

Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 will do really well and it is a very well priced synthetic at Walmart. Probably the best bargain in canada.

Originally Posted By: buster
Valvoline Synpower or conventional.

Sure, those will work ok. But without re-hashing the old dino ys. synthetic debate, why not go with the much lower pour points where they live?

The engine will be better off with the synthetic in that cold; and that's a fact.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Originally Posted By: buster
Valvoline Synpower or conventional.

Sure, those will work ok. But without re-hashing the old dino ys. synthetic debate, why not go with the much lower pour points where they live?

The engine will be better off with the synthetic in that cold; and that's a fact.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back