Oil Study Donations (Z- Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I be interested to know what gold GC was composed of.
Who buying into that report also get us the green report?

It's my understanding that Terry doesn't want to mess with the same lab again and he doesn't have another source to do the work at the same price. Terry and Phil spent alot of time and effort, probably more than they had planned, to get the GC analized. When we first started this, the thought was that we would test alot of different oils, but that just didn't work out due to problems with the lab. Therefore, unless there's another lab that's willing to do it cheap, and Terry and Phil's up to it again (my guess is 'not'), I vote we just donate the remaining money to the forum.

Interpreting Gas Chrom signatures is a science that is extremely difficult unless you can match to known formulas.

The R&D lab we used was one of the best in the Nation and still made me work too hard. It literally took BOTH Mola and myself to finish what the GC chemist Ph.D could not do.

I spoke recently with the best GC chemist I know and he was unwilling to assist in any new "needle in the haystack" hydrocarbon projects.

So, until I can find a good lab and GC chemist I will stick with working for companies/customers that have a formula they have a complete library of comparative data to work with. With the new adds packs coming out that becomes nearly impossible for a independent view.

As I stated before the libraries of specific chemical signatures are known only to the add companies and they do not share voluntarily unless you are working for them.

$600 won't scratch the surface forensically.

Good points Terry. Sadly I did not get to buy in on this but was planning on it. Just one bad thing after another and never got around to it.

I think the money should be used to better the board or go to some special project. Such as getting a good library of VOA's or something. Or heck donate it to a good Childrens Christmas fund.

Anyway to buy into a copy of the old Z report?
fruit.gif
dunno.gif
lol.gif

I am encouraged there are BITOG members who claim to have access to GC mass spec and other machines that can establish chemical species and formulations.

I have yet to see specific and credible proof of that capability, just observations of results, not the raw data. To date I could not afford or have been restricted by non disclosure or secrecy in sharing broad volumes of that kind of data here.

I am encouraged that potentially,Kestas or Tom in NJ and others can share more.

The more we can legitimately share knowledge here the more accurately the best formulations can be identified.

I also NEVER want to harm legitimate business enterprise of formulators so we must be sensitive to that point of view and real consideration.

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back