Oil selection at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I wish Walmart carried all oem ... oil filters.

Keep wishing but it will never happen. Besides, I thought you were too good to shop at Walmart ?

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted By: ejes
In the heart of the US here and the oil selection at our Wal Marts has dwindled a great deal. It is not only the oil, but a lot of their auto repair and maintenance items. Oil and air filters, bulbs/lamps, etc. I was looking for spark plugs the other day and was told they will no longer stock them. I assume a lot of it is driven by shopping being done on-line.
Walmart hasn't carried spark plugs in years. People come in all the time asking for spark plugs, and brake pads.

Could have sworn I bought some autolites there a couple years ago for my kid's car...maybe not.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
A few years ago they did sell Autolite plugs.

They also sold Bosch's Platinum+2, Platinum+4, and Platinum-Ir Fusion. But I think Bosch discontinued all of them.

That Platinum-Ir Fusion is perfect for Toyota's 1MZ engine, where the OE design is a 2-priong double platinum. The Bosch Ir Fusion was the ONLY multi-prong iridium that fit the 1MZ. Iridium is good for at least 100k, rather than the 60k for platinum. And the rear plugs are IMPOSSIBLE on that engine because you have to pull the intake to do them! So you want iridium so you NEVER have to do them again!

Originally Posted By: Stevie
Walmart online is now just about the same as amazon.

Walmart carries Wix oil filters online. They will ship to your location or pick up at store.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=Wix oil filters&cat_id=0

They also carry what seems like all spark plugs too. Autolite, champion, Denso, NGK

I use them all the time now along with Amazon. I like the pick up at store option. no shipping charges

LOL don't you mean Amazon is just about the same as Walmart. Oh and most they match the Amazon price not beat it. Then there are the famous Amazon bait and switch products that I've sent two back to them. Oh and might say I haven't order more oil from the since. I always have got the product I ordered from Walmart online.

My local Walmart has raised there prices on most oil considerably here the last 2 months. Except for the Super Tech Synthetic 0W20 which is on rollback for $15.68 for the 5 quart container. All the Castrol Edge grades are close to $28 bucks with the Magnatec now almost $22 bucks. The Pennzoil Platinum offerings is close to $28 bucks while the Mobil One 0W40 is still priced under $22 bucks surprisingly. Still cheaper anyday/allday then going to an Auto Parts store to pick up oil. Also, the only Pennzoil Euro weight they carry any longer is the 5W30. My local Walmart sells a bunch of ST conventional & Synthetic oil overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back