Walmart and Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is weird is if you go to Napa look at specs as it doesn't meet Chrysler specs for my 2018 Grand Caravan but you put in 2013 it meets spec as only difference between the two is 2018 is flex. I use it and don't worry since I get it for less.

Originally Posted by tiger862
What is weird is if you go to Napa look at specs as it doesn't meet Chrysler specs for my 2018 Grand Caravan but you put in 2013 it meets spec as only difference between the two is 2018 is flex. I use it and don't worry since I get it for less.

Contact Valvoline if you wish. I bet a cookie Valvoline meets Chrysler specs.

So with all the talk about the lack of oil at Wally. I did a recon mission at the local one. The shelves are stocked full. There was a skid of Valoline HM on rollback however. 17.88 per jug.

I know Valvoline meets spec and is reason I don't worry about it in my van anyhow it is under warranty. I can't see warranty being denied on engine if there is a failure in next 7 years. All my receipt shows is 5w20. 12.99 for 5 qts and add napa Gold filter with 1 extra quart makes it good for year or oil change light which ever comes first. Saves me money and supports local business.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by GON
My Walmart raised the price of M1 by $5, making Valvoline full synthetic about $6 less than M1 (five quart container).

It worked- I purchased the Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage over M1 (I usually buy M1). Not sure if Valvoline is as good as M1- but the savings triggered me to take the risk.

Risk?

I did research and seemed like Mobil 1 and Pennzoil were the top tier full synthetics- seemed as if Valvoline was not in the same category. Not saying it is correct, just seemed to be the assessment of many on BITOG.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by GON
Originally Posted by GON
My Walmart raised the price of M1 by $5, making Valvoline full synthetic about $6 less than M1 (five quart container).

It worked- I purchased the Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage over M1 (I usually buy M1). Not sure if Valvoline is as good as M1- but the savings triggered me to take the risk.

Risk?

I did research and seemed like Mobil 1 and Pennzoil were the top tier full synthetics- seemed as if Valvoline was not in the same category. Not saying it is correct, just seemed to be the assessment of many on BITOG.

With respect to the part in red ... based on what parameters? I chose Valvoline Advanced 5W-30 based on research showing a very good HTHS and low Noack, along with a few UOAs and VOAs posted on this site. Also rated dexos1, Gen2, SN+ and contains some Moly.

Half of what a Walmart employee thinks he knows about the store and stock is usually wrong and the other half suspect. Also, each store can vary what they stock or when they stock it and one cannot apply the broad brush to other stores across the country to be the same.

Walmart corporate and the store managers knows what sells in their region and stock accordingly.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by GON
Originally Posted by GON

Risk?

With respect to the part in red ... based on what parameters? I chose Valvoline Advanced 5W-30 based on research showing a very good HTHS and low Noack, along with a few UOAs and VOAs posted on this site. Also rated dexos1, Gen2, SN+ and contains some Moly.

Thanks- just reading many posts on BITOG. Valvoline many be at or above the Mobile 1 and Pennzoil level in synthetic oil- just not many posts putting Valvoline in that top tier group. I am by no means a oil expert- I am hear using information from others.

The reality is that all the major brands and the major store brands like NAPA and Supertech are all good. Motor oils are more alike than they are different.

Originally Posted by Uregina09
Regular Valvoline Full Synthetic (formerly SynPower) isn't available in Canada. The only Valvoline synthetic available at the retail level in Camada is the stuff with Maxlife technology.

Originally Posted by JC1
WM in Canada had deals on black Friday and the week after Christmas. VWB Was $11.88 for 5 liter jugs.

SynPower was in sale for $19.88 for 5 liter jugs only on black Friday.

They Only stocked 5w-30, 5w-20 and a few 10w-30 in VWB for both sales.

Two years ago the SynPower didn't have maxlife technology in it.

My point is that the only Valvoline synthetic available at retail locations in Canada today is the MaxLife stuff. A year ago you could buy regular SynPower.

Originally Posted by JC1
Originally Posted by Uregina09
Regular Valvoline Full Synthetic (formerly SynPower) isn't available in Canada. The only Valvoline synthetic available at the retail level in Camada is the stuff with Maxlife technology.

Originally Posted by JC1
WM in Canada had deals on black Friday and the week after Christmas. VWB Was $11.88 for 5 liter jugs.

SynPower was in sale for $19.88 for 5 liter jugs only on black Friday.

They Only stocked 5w-30, 5w-20 and a few 10w-30 in VWB for both sales.

Two years ago the SynPower didn't have maxlife technology in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back