Oil Recycling Containers

I use these from work. 5 gallon pails of foam concentrate. Very stout with a wide mouth opening.
View attachment 149233

And after decades of struggling with drain pans, this one actually makes the experience enjoyable.

View attachment 149234
I have a couple of old AFFF 5 gal containers that I use. The square bottom makes them more stable than other choices. I have used these for years. I spray painted "waste oil" on them.

I sometimes use an old gas container for used oil, often when I go to auto parts stores to recycle it they follow me all the way in the back to make sure I'm not dumping old gasoline.
20230408_094104.jpg

I thought everyone on here just drained the oil onto the ground at the Walmart parking lot then went inside bought the new oil and filter, poured in the new oil changed the filter and left the empty jugs in a cart in the parking lot.

I have an old blitz drain pan, I’ve had this thing for at least 20 years if not longer. I like that it has the screen to catch the drain plug if I drop it. It makes it so much easier to pour the used oil into another container. I have some of the black drain pans that’s just a big bowl, I tend to spill some when using those to pour used oil back into the container.

I wish I could find another one of the blitz container. I’ve never seen one at any of the auto parts stores I’ve been too

Attachments

• 30B7A35A-541C-4EB0-A265-ED52D2201B88.jpeg
    30B7A35A-541C-4EB0-A265-ED52D2201B88.jpeg
    341.9 KB · Views: 7
I thought everyone on here just drained the oil onto the ground at the Walmart parking lot then went inside bought the new oil and filter, poured in the new oil changed the filter and left the empty jugs in a cart in the parking lot.
That's crazy! You NEVER do that. They might not have the right kind of oil or filter in stock!

I have an old blitz drain pan, I’ve had this thing for at least 20 years if not longer. I like that it has the screen to catch the drain plug if I drop it. It makes it so much easier to pour the used oil into another container. I have some of the black drain pans that’s just a big bowl, I tend to spill some when using those to pour used oil back into the container.

I wish I could find another one of the blitz container. I’ve never seen one at any of the auto parts stores I’ve been too
Exactly like mine, which is at least 30 years old.

So I am an Oil Enthusiast novice, I only started doing my own oil changes two years ago. When I did my first one I checked where to send the used oil. It is a transfer station nearby. Read all the rules and was ready to go. I had 4.2L of used oil. So I put 4.2L into two used distilled water containers. Took it to the transfer station, and they refused to take it as my oil wasn't in an Oil Containers... I pointed out nowhere on their website did they say this was a requirement. No amount of arguing made a difference. It was definitely a learning experience.

So I am an Oil Enthusiast novice, I only started doing my own oil changes two years ago. When I did my first one I checked where to send the used oil. It is a transfer station nearby. Read all the rules and was ready to go. I had 4.2L of used oil. So I put 4.2L into two used distilled water containers. Took it to the transfer station, and they refused to take it as my oil wasn't in an Oil Containers... I pointed out nowhere on their website did they say this was a requirement. No amount of arguing made a difference. It was definitely a learning experience.
Viva la bureaucracy!

O'Really's doesn't care what the container is

Back