Oil Recycling Containers

I use this:

Easy clean up and transport to the county recycling facility, no issues carrying laying flat in my wagons, I just place it on a towel. Been happy with this one.

For the 3x VWs, I gets dumped back into the Liquimoly containers and shipped back to FCP for a refund....the 5L LM containers are pretty nice and seal up well/would be good to use to transport to the county recycling place as well.
Our “wagons” have WeatherTech cargo mats and get ‘er done 😷

Our “wagons” have WeatherTech cargo mats and get ‘er done 😷
Same but even then, old beach towel is my go-to...just in case!

My cargo area transporting take-out Chinese...hahaha
20230406_184041.jpg

I use this:

Easy clean up and transport to the county recycling facility (or stored upright in the garage), no issues carrying laying flat in my wagons, I just place it on a towel. Been happy with this one.

For the 3x VWs, I gets dumped back into the Liquimoly containers and shipped back to FCP for a refund....the 5L LM containers are pretty nice and seal up well/would be good to use to transport to the county recycling place as well if I kept them.
Very inexpensive...
When I get rid of my Red Line oil I am doing the FCP deal for my VW.

Very inexpensive...
When I get rid of my Red Line oil I am doing the FCP deal for my VW.
I do it for all 3 of my VWs for all service/maintenance parts. So far I've spend about $3K with about 50% of that refunded less some return shipping. Use pirateship.com and it's very inexpensive and also bundling returns....the best deal going.

I have four 55 gal drums that I dump used oil into. When full an oil recyling company comes and sucks it all out. Cost $100 and no limit to amount they take.

I will use the empty jug that the new oil came in.

I also have an empty Castrol food grade chain oil container that I got from work I use as well

Attachments

• 7C786988-0401-4418-B442-864C27E76A3D.jpg
    7C786988-0401-4418-B442-864C27E76A3D.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 15
Do you have to ask first or just unload it.

Nope.
Don't even have to go in.
Last time I asked, they just said it is unlocked, go for it.
The top of the tank used to be locked.
Now that the hinge is broken on the lid atop the tank, the lock now serves as the hinge.

I use a 6 gallon plastic gerry can marked for water. Don't try to use a red or yellow one or the recycler will freak.

A couple of smaller jugs would be easier to manage, though.

I use these from work. 5 gallon pails of foam concentrate. Very stout with a wide mouth opening.
CG-720000-2__70094__59013.jpeg

And after decades of struggling with drain pans, this one actually makes the experience enjoyable.

51nD8ThP5RL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Since I don't make regular trips to the recycler, have a couple 5 gallon recycle jugs allows 4-6 services prior to recycling trip.

No mess drain pans, drip trays, and a couple oil recycle cans, as mentioned in post #28, are a worthwhile investment to the regular DIY'r

The oemtools 20 quart drain pans, imho, are the best for the DIY'r on harborfreight or rhinoramps.

Drip trays also help with protecting the driveway/garage concrete floors.

No flexible flyer drain buckets and non-splash proof drain buckets here.

Due to cross contamination, some of the stores refuse oil that is not in an oil safe container. So, no re-using milk/tea jugs, kitty litter containers.... I'd say its just a formality and nothing else.

Just reuse the 5qt jug the oil came in and some windshield washer fluid gal jugs too. I set them outside next to the trash and gather weeds til I get tired of looking at them. Then I run them 4 at a time to Walmart and fill out the log book on the weekend. I need to take them to mechanic but I forget during the week as he has an oil burner furnace for his shop. Never take the drain pan anywhere, just pour it back. I do like the QSFS and Mobil 1 jugs as my drain pans spout fits inside them, no funnel. Valvoline easy pour suck.
Wish we had an easy county place to recycle but you have to pay to dump here at the landfill M-F during business hours and it is 20 minutes away. My mom's recycling in Fla is nice, you pull up and leave the containers and drive away. They take all kinds of stuff even car parts and antifreeze.
My pan is like this but probably 25+yrs old, still have the center plug.
Screenshot_20230408-091620~2.png

Just reuse the 5qt jug the oil came in and some windshield washer fluid gal jugs too. I set them outside next to the trash and gather weeds til I get tired of looking at them. Then I run them 4 at a time to Walmart and fill out the log book on the weekend. I need to take them to mechanic but I forget during the week as he has an oil burner furnace for his shop. Never take the drain pan anywhere, just pour it back. I do like the QSFS and Mobil 1 jugs as my drain pans spout fits inside them, no funnel. Valvoline easy pour suck.
Wish we had an easy county place to recycle but you have to pay to dump here at the landfill M-F during business hours and it is 20 minutes away. My mom's recycling in Fla is nice, you pull up and leave the containers and drive away. They take all kinds of stuff even car parts and antifreeze.
My pan is like this but probably 25+yrs old, still have the center plug.View attachment 149236
Always found those to splatter more - especially warm 0W20
I‘d probably be Ok with my Fumoto valves though …

Always found those to splatter more - especially warm 0W20
I‘d probably be Ok with my Fumoto valves though …
It does splatter, I keep cardboard under it but going to find a piece of weaved material for the top to stop it.

Reactions: 4WD
Back