Oil Recommendations for a Nissan Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tips John and no I'm not the nervous type at all. I do however want to run the best oil that's available and I won't know what that is until I do a few oil samples. I'm just hoping this VQ engine proves to be as reliable as all the other ones Nissan has made. With the internals micro polished and moly coated pistons I'm expecting some really good readings, time and analysis will show!!

quote:

Originally posted by JetForeman:
I'm just hoping this VQ engine proves to be as reliable as all the other ones Nissan has made. With the internals micro polished and moly coated pistons !!

What? Comes from the factory already like this!

jetforeman,

Nic pics on your website. If your truck had 4x4 I'd generously offer an even trade for my 98 Frontier.
grin.gif

I sincerely hope the agony you suffer over this lost opportunity will not keep you from enjoying your new truck.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

it sure does, all aluminum block and heads, six bolt main bearing caps, micro polished forged crank, 4 micro polished cams, moly coated pistons, and cast iron sleeves in the block for the pistons. They made this engine REALLY stout. And man does it run like it is too, what a blast to drive it. Tons of torque and screaming high RPM's. Gotta love it!! Definitely worth a look in your in the market for a full sized truck.

quote:

Originally posted by GSV:
jetforeman,

Nic pics on your website. If your truck had 4x4 I'd generously offer an even trade for my 98 Frontier.
grin.gif

I sincerely hope the agony you suffer over this lost opportunity will not keep you from enjoying your new truck.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Maybe some counseling will help.....you are going to pay for it right??
grin.gif

I would follow the owners manual to the letter for the duration of your ownership. Nissan designed, tested,retested, and built the truck.Nissan has made quality cars for a long while, you would trust the tire inflation reccomendations, or tourqe specs rights/ Well, trust the oil reccomedations also.
They been in the car business for many years and know what they are talking about.

[ January 12, 2004, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: goodoleboy ]

You know Nissan makes a good engine. THe VQ V6 used in the Altima and the Maxima is a solid design. The only time this engine throws a lot of lead is when it is raced hard! In normal use these engines generate solid numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back