oil recommendation for Nissan QR25DE engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up an '06 Spec V with 22k on it's QR25DE back in November. I just finished changing the oil for the second time today. I drained M1 Clean 5k 5W30 and went with M1 AFE 0W30 after finding 2 jugs of it @ Walmart for $9/ea. I couldn't pass up that deal so I'm covered for now. I plan on having this fill tested around 5k to see how it's holding up.

P.S. Not an M1 super-fan, it's just been easy/cheap to get. Still trying to decide what to run long-term.

Feedback to date is:

6 Pennzoil Platinum
4 Pennzoil Ultra
3 Valvoline SynPower
3 Mobil 1 AFE 0W-30
2 Castrol Syntec
2 Castrol EDGE
1 Mobil 1
1 Quaker State
1 Castrol Syntec 0W-30
1 Mobil 1 Extended Performance

Still an overwhelming dominance of the Pennzoil synthetics.

Let's say that cost is not an issue that would influence my decision one way or another. What are the thoughts on running AMSOIL 5W-30 ASL in this engine? Any pros or cons running that versus PP or PU? (Remember, price is not an issue.) A potential con might be that it's a non-API oil and I'm under powertain warranty for another 3 years / 36,000 miles.

I tow with my Nissan Xtrail -Australia(QRD25E motor). I use the 5w30 ILSAC GF5 oil, however, was told I should move up to 5w40 or 10w40. I don't know al ot about this, however, I thought 5w30 would be fine, as long as I change oil under "servere servicing(5,000km). Over the 5000km, i would tow my camper trailer for about 20% of that milage. Any thoughts?

Cheers msantos3b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back