Oil Recommendation for AC Shelby Cobra Roadster replica

I noticed no one is making recommendations for the transmission fluid or the differential. Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

I noticed no one is making recommendations for the transmission fluid or the differential. Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

OK I will play, working on the assumption the rear is based on an 8.8.

Engine - M1 0/40 (Because it really doesn't matter, anything with a 30, 40 or 50 will be fine.)
Trans - M1 ATF (because it calls for ATF and thats my favorite Dex/Mer)
Rear End - M1 75/90 (my favorite gear oil.)

I'm assuming the thing has some sort of oil cooler.

Being as this is just a mental exercise since you say he won't stray from the recommendations that is what I would do.

If I was going to beat on it, one of the air cooled P car crowds favorites is M1 V-Twin, its a very stout oil so I would probably do that or M1 15/50.

"For all TKX 5-speed models, TREMEC recommends TREMEC High Performance Manual Transmission Fluid (HP-MTF™), GM Synchromesh™ or Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.Fluid capacity is 2.7 quart / 2.6 liter."

15W-40, 15W-50, 20W-50. I would guess this car won't be used as a winter beater car, the cold start pumpability wouldn't, be needed.

The factory manual states the main bearings are clearanced at +.025 to .030" and the connecting rods bearings are +.013 to .018".
Sure that's not in millimeters - or missing a zero? If not, better get some of that 25W-70 from Australia, lol.

"For all TKX 5-speed models, TREMEC recommends TREMEC High Performance Manual Transmission Fluid (HP-MTF™), GM Synchromesh™ or Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.Fluid capacity is 2.7 quart / 2.6 liter."
I ran GM Synchromesh in the T56 we put in my fox body.

Engine builder said good ole 10w30 M1 for the small stroker in the same car. AFRs, custom cam....put over 200k mi on it, daily driving, drag strip, auto-X, HPDE. Heads rebuilt at 90k miles when I thought there was a head gasket issue (was the water pump...impeller sheered off 😆). Hammered on it for another 110k before dropping a valve while getting on the freeway...shifted from 5th to 6th at 2500rpm & light throttle...then silence 😆😆.

Sure that's not in millimeters - or missing a zero? If not, better get some of that 25W-70 from Australia, lol.
Yeah, I think you're correct - mains should have been .0025 - .0030 in. and rods should have been .0013 - .0018 in.

All things being equal, why not just use Supertech?:LOL:

HemmingsMotorOil_02_500.jpg

TEXAS REFINERY 15W40 PROSPEC W/MOLY

plus you get oil sample kits to back up our claims.

1400 PPM OF ZINC BASE # OR TBN OF 15 GREAT OIL. I run it in my 66 289 t- 454 marine engines and way more equipment to list.

Steve

If I was going to beat on it, one of the air cooled P car crowds favorites is M1 V-Twin, its a very stout oil so I would probably do that or M1 15/50.
I would run the 15w50 as well, because I don't know how one would have this kind of car and not beat on it... Does not compute.

Back