Oil Recommendation: 2002 Focus w/Supercharger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ya'll—this is only the second car I bought new (ordered from the dealer in June 2002.. with a 5-speed and MTX-75 transmission!).

In reply to your question john_pifer, I can only guesstimate any speed based on published records of other cars I may have enjoyed a "spirited drive" next to, and eventually in front of, so maybe around 5.8 second 0-60 and 14.xx quarter mile? You'll notice it has a high wheel horsepower (over 100 hp/liter) but low wtq (88.5 ft-lbs./liter) so it doesn't have that huge "push" you get in the back from, say, a GTI or Turbo Esprit.

I noted previously my SS Exhaust is from FSWERKS, as are a few other bits & baubles, all outstandingly crafted, so RDY4WAR, you have excellent taste in very well-crafted items. Any FI 1st/2nd gen Focus will be a surprise or shock other cars (regardless of outcome) after you open ‘er up! Never got to Carlisle, oddly enough—more power to you for doing so!

I love the SVT versions—the six speed Getrag is one slick unit, and with a PWSC on the SVT (there is a guy here in Qtown with a PWSC SVT) those cars, with an FSWERKS exhaust, sound [Borat] very niiiiice [/Borat].

I've used Amsoil in years past, have no problems with it or any other boutique oil, but as a teacher I have a very strict "summer budget" I now follow (which means I put money that in years past would have gone into things like Amsoil, into my daughter's PA 529 Savings Account...just a little oath I silently swore to put her first)—otherwise, heck, I'd let my car chug a few bottles of that sweet stuff.

Addyguy, many thanks—I don't know why, but besides wild and crazy cars, I just love the idea of driving a nondescript car that draws no attention....until called upon to do so.

Originally Posted by greentengu9

I noted previously my SS Exhaust is from FSWERKS, as are a few other bits & baubles, all outstandingly crafted, so RDY4WAR, you have excellent taste in very well-crafted items. Any FI 1st/2nd gen Focus will be a surprise or shock other cars (regardless of outcome) after you open ‘er up! Never got to Carlisle, oddly enough—more power to you for doing so!

It really can surprise people. I had a lot of fun with mine and wish I hadn't sold it. Here's a video of mine after I ported the head and spec'd the cams for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back