Oil Prices in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ChristianReske
DIY Stores and Gas stations have the highest prices for engine oil here.
Usually you can get it cheaper in car parts stores or our big supermarkets, the bigger ones caryy Liqui Moly much cheaper.
And of course you could buy it online at very low prices, but we discoverd a few times counterfeit oil here.

Personally, i buy the oil for my vehicles at my local car parts store, they carry Shell, Motul and Eurolub. Cheaper than the DIY store, not so cheap as Online. But with frindley people at the counter.

usually i buy oil from local car parts sore, but some times buy oil from ato24.de

Expensive true, but at least you get an idea of the true base oils on the label. You can buy 100% synthetic Pao/ester oil in the states for about $40 a gallon if you shop and find sales. HC Synthese is group lll iirc.

Like here..

[Linked Image]

It can be a bit more of a shock when you realize how much it's going to cost in fuel to drive that Giulia from Zurich to Rome and back. But the Autostrada espresso is a bargain!

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Group III Synthetic is a SCAM. It is not Synthetic.

It's not a scam.

Originally Posted by riggaz
Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Group III Synthetic is a SCAM. It is not Synthetic.

It's not a scam.

It works as oil just fine but should not say "full synthetic "
Same way my Cheetos shouldn't say natural on the bag.

Mobil has some group II blends now that also say synthetic, likewise an example of our useless labels and measures system being ineffective

Might as well label the jug of gas synthetic while we are at it.

Last edited:
You have not seen workshop prices yet.

5W30 of "mercedes-benz oil" can reach up to 32 €/L (approx. 36 USD/qt), making an oil change a rather costly experience. That's why even with more expensive cars it has become more and more accepted in the workshops for you to bring your own oil. When buying online the price per litre may drop down to 6,50 €/L for the exact same oil.

It's nat always "what you pay is what you get".

Markus

Bargains can be found here in the UK if you're willing to hunt for deals and be prepared to buy at all times.

My Wife phoned me up last week, she was shopping in Tesco and they were having a clear-out sale on Castrol oils. They had a 2L jugs on offer for £2 each. There was a mix of GTX Ultraclean 10w40 and Magnatec 10w40. When she asked me if she wanted her to pick some up I told her I wanted her to pick all of them up!
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Bailes1992
When she asked me if she wanted her to pick some up I told her I wanted her to pick all of them up!
lol.gif

And then she hung up on you.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Trav
Like here..

these are monstrous prices (for me)
shocked.gif

here in turkey a 5 litre container would cost about $30-35

Originally Posted by yagciogullari
Originally Posted by Trav
Like here..

these are monstrous prices (for me)
shocked.gif

here in turkey a 5 litre container would cost about $30-35

Those are monstrous price for anyone. Taxes up the yang for anything oil.

Originally Posted by ctrcbob
Don't forget that In Europe, Synthetic is real Synthetic, not the Group III "Synthetic " that we have here.

That only happens in Germany.

In Spain a HC group 3 can be sold as Full Synthetic. As far as know in UK or France can be sold the same way and maybe in most of the European Union countries it is the same

Not many oils sold for free after rebate in the EU (Rotella Gas Truck rebate)....or $1 per 3.78L (Walmart Delvac price clearance), $5 6 gallon Supertech @ Walmart, $22 rebate on $24 5L Pennzoil Platinum etc....

Hi Lads
Got some Diesel at a local Esso station. As I was waiting to pay I had a nosey at Oil. £29.95 for 1 Litre of Mobil 5w/30 ESP!!!!!!!! I suspect they sell very little.
I had no way no way of taking a photo at the time unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Tikka
Hi Lads
Got some Diesel at a local Esso station. As I was waiting to pay I had a nosey at Oil. £29.95 for 1 Litre of Mobil 5w/30 ESP!!!!!!!! I suspect they sell very little.
I had no way no way of taking a photo at the time unfortunately.

That's very cheap! I struggle to pick up ESP for less than £40. I'd have stocked up. May have to try my local Esso!

Doh! Just realised you said 1 Litre.
shocked.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back