Oil leak increased with Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having some oil leak and plan on doing two treatments of auto-rx. Currently, I am 1300 miles into my first clean phase. Is it normal for the oil leak to increase during this stage? It isn't a major leak but I just notice the leak is slightly more.

If this is normal, at what stage should I see the oil leak decrease or stop? (Provided the seals are not torn to begin with.)

Well, I'm new to this Forum.

I'm gonna say this, and hopefully I'm right. Continue on with your Auto-RX application. After the rinse phase, add your fresh oil and filter and see if you still have a leak..

Now if the leak has increased then that means Auto-RX is working. You have an idea where the oil leak is coming from ?

I believe Frank would say it may be normal and that during the rinse phase w/ dino that the seals may reseat themselves properly after being cleaned off.

Of course, he'd also rightly say "AutoRx won't fix a broken engine"

Some sporadic new leaking is reported from time to time, the stock answer is that crud that used to be plugging something up has gotten cleaned away. If things go nicely, the seals will get reconditioned and the leak should go away.

jeff

If it is a seal leak remember that Auto-Rx cleans both sides of seal material (Auto-Rx does not swell seals) it takes additive package found in non synthetic oil to restore correct pliability and this is done over miles driven. So not unusual for oil leak to be worse after Auto-Rx treatment. Whats great is you now have reconditioned seal and saved many $$$$ in labor and parts.New web site format uploading this weekend (I hope) it should be user friendly and informative. Auto-Rx can do no harm.

Thank you for the info.

Frank, would it be okay to go over the 1500 miles clean phase by 100 or 200 miles? It might not be possible for me to get an oil change until that time.

You can do so safely.Auto-Rx chemistry has a built in margin of safety and no I am not going to tell you guys what that is.Did you know Auto-Rx has it's own additive package? and when your oil additives start to break down Auto-Rx steps up.

Frank, maybe this should be a seperate topic, but since you bring up additives, what would you say to people who are going to say that and say "Oh, additives BAD! Don't need to be messing w/ chemistry!" I don't mean mean this in a combatative fashion at all. After digging around on your site I'm a little more comfortable with AutoRx (I hope so since it's in my oil!!! I'd just like to be prepared to fend off folks who are when I explain what I have in my engine.

IMO anyone saying "Oh, additives BAD! Don't need to be messing w/ chemistry!" is not worth having a discussion with.

Just let them see your engine next time you have the valve covers off.

bkrell,

If you're referring to Auto-Rx when you say "additives" ..then you would tell them that Auto-Rx is transparent to oil chemistry. You would say that it's a metal cleaner.

That's what I would say, anyway
dunno.gif

Well, I was referring to Frank saying it has it's own additive pack for longevity. I know it's all accounted for. I don't really care what people think about my oil regimen anyway.

ics88,

After my rinse phase I had to run non synthetic oil for 2 oil changes before the leak stopped but it was worth it no leak for over one year good luck.

I also had a leak that increased during my AutoRX clean phase. I am now in the rinse phase and was wondering if I should keep topping off my oil level to make sure the leak area is rinsed thoroughly? Before AutoRX my oil level would drop to about half quart low and then stop. I was thinking this may be a rear seal leak. Anyone have any thoughts? I will complete my rinse phase and report back with any pertinent results. I'm hoping this leak will stop completely. Should I complete my second clean phase for good measure after this rinse phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back