Oil in my coolant...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed some oil mixed in with the coolant in my 2004 spec-v (QR25), it has about 108k miles, it is not running hot, oil does not look milky, it hasn't lost any power... just there's some oil mixed it with the coolant...

Any ideas what could it be? or is it most possibly a headgasket or cracked head?

Just to double check... When you say the oil didn't look milky, was the engine warm or cold when you checked?

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Just to double check... When you say the oil didn't look milky, was the engine warm or cold when you checked?

both

At minimum you will need a new head gasket..best to have the heads pressure/vacuum checked for leaks /cracks..

Oil in the coolant isn't usually from a headgasket.For this to happen the gasket would have to be breeched from a pressurized oil galley to a water jacket. Head gaskets don't normally blow here, they blow from a cylinder to a water jacket or between cylinders.

Have you added any stop leak of any kind? Has the car been to any quick lubes? Mixed any different coolants?

How does the trans fluid look and is it low? could you have a leak in the trans cooler if it has one inside the bottom of the radiator?

Originally Posted By: bradepb
How does the trans fluid look and is it low? could you have a leak in the trans cooler if it has one inside the bottom of the radiator?

It doesn't have one, it's stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back