Should I use pink or red coolant?

Hi All

I have a Toyota Camry 2006 which I purchased few years back from a dealership. I don't know if it had the original coolant, or was it replaced at some point.

It is due for a coolant change, and after looking into it, there are two coolants: The Red coolant (example Zerex Asian Red Coolant), and the pink coolant issued by Toyota (00272-SLLC2).

Since I did not know which coolant was in my car, I took a look, and I still could not tell. See the attached picture.

1- is it red or pink in the pic?
2- assuming it is red, does it hurt to drain and refill with pink? (since I don't intend to do a full flush, the pink can mix with what is remaining in the cooling system)

thank you.

2024-02-14 10.12.40.jpg

You need to call the Dealer with your question and talk with a Surface Advisor and see what he says? It looks Red 2 me, so the Zerex Asian is the way ta go.

How many miles are on this Vehicle?

Toyota transitioned from the red coolant to the pink SLLC (super long life coolant) in 2004. Your vehicle requires the pink SLLC2 product.

Toyota has said, "their" pink Super Long Life AF 50/50 premix completely compatible with the Red. Looking at preceding post that shouldn't matter here anyway for your 06.

Just don't confuse older Toyota Red LL (concentrate) that with Zerex Asian Red (label). Zerex Asian "Red" bottle 50/50 premix, is equivalent to the Toyota Pink SLL. Use it just as you would Toyota pink SLL, and it will be fine. Don't worry about the AF color their now, likely SLL pink.

Thanks for all the answers.
So according to FowVay if pink was the original coolant, it seems to me that the current one is red, so the coolant was changed at some point. But Zerex Asian red is equivalent to Toyota pink according to Sayjac. So it should not be a problem if they mix, correct?
But this assumes that the red in my vehicle is a red that is equivalent to the pink. What if the red in my vehicle was the old red, is it a problem if it mixes with Zerex red/Toyota pink?

Thanks for all the answers.
So according to FowVay if pink was the original coolant, it seems to me that the current one is red, so the coolant was changed at some point. But Zerex Asian red is equivalent to Toyota pink according to Sayjac. So it should not be a problem if they mix, correct?
But this assumes that the red in my vehicle is a red that is equivalent to the pink. What if the red in my vehicle was the old red, is it a problem if it mixes with Zerex red/Toyota pink?
Do a flush and fill?
I'd hope it was at least changed more than once in 18-19 years

.....What if the red in my vehicle was the old red, is it a problem if it mixes with Zerex red/Toyota pink?
First I'll say based on the information on this thread unlikely it's Toyota Red LL. That said, even if it is, Zerex Asian AF will mix fine, no problem at all. Since you're not sure of the previous interval and are doing a radiator d&f with Zerex Asian premix, maybe shorten the interval to 3 years instead of recommended 5. But, I'd stick with an Asian PHoat AF, Zerex Asian a good choice imo.

You need to call the Dealer with your question and talk with a Surface Advisor and see what he says? It looks Red 2 me, so the Zerex Asian is the way ta go.

How many miles are on this Vehicle?
I did and my conclusion- they know nutin. Either one will work as they are compatible

Back