Oil for Stihls 2 stroke small engine for Weed eating

Have you checked out chickanic on youtube? She had recent youtubes with the the same results as you concerning the hit and miss of Tru-fuel. I find her channel interesting, informative and useful as some others on youtube.
Agreed. She seems to have a lot of experience. From what I have seen, her advice has always been spot on.

Have you checked out chickanic on youtube? She had recent youtubes with the the same results as you concerning the hit and miss of Tru-fuel. I find her channel interesting, informative and useful as some others on youtube.
I have not, but doing a quick search it looks like she repairs a lot of small engines, so probably has similar thoughts as I do on certain equipment.

Citgo JT-4 Sea & Snow, a JASO FD rated 2-stroke oil, seems to work as well as the Stihl oil does. Premium E0 is a good idea if you can find it, but IMO premium E10 is just as good with a little Sta-Bil mixed in, just empty the tank & run it empty every time.

Stihl MotoMix for me. If you want to brew your own, use gasoline without ethanol.

I wish Mobil still made MX2T, that was a great 2 cycle oil
I liked it a lot and still use it, I have about 1/2 gal left. It was a great all around oil. By the way, Motul 710 and if you can find it, Castrol RS tts (power 1 racing 2t) are similar.

EDIT: There is some on Ebay, and it appears to be readily available overseas.

Last edited:
@jeepman3071: I had the same issues with Tru Fuel. Just not as easy to get a fast start as you get with VP fuels. At first I thought it was my gear, but now I let my gear sit for months at a time, and as long as it has VP fuel, the gear always starts up. I aways keep at least a full can just to run the saws if the trees come down.

I've never had one performance problem with TF, my saws just screeeam with the stuff!!.. I buy the 4 stroke 92oct fuel and add my own oil(stihl gray bottle, 50:1)

Back