Oil for new 18 Stinger GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gokhan

No worries.

Yes, I think Mobil 1 Extended Performance (M1 EP) 5W-30 is the optimal choice for this engine among the current oils. It has tad bit more PAO and tad bit less VII than M1 vanilla 5W-30. NOACKs are the same (about 10%). M1 EP 5W-30 has a little thinner base oil than M1 vanilla 5W-30.

I noted in my previous post that VW 504.00 oils go through the VW GDI intake-valve-deposit (IVD) test but unfortunately, none of them have LSPI protection or SN PLUS (they have high calcium and no magnesium). There are some great PAO-based oils with low - mid SAPS like Motul 8100 X-clean+ VW 504.00, but they are also expensive, hard to find, and lack LSPI protection.

Thanks. I would stick with M1 EP 5W-30 until something better comes.

Does anyone know if there's a reason why 0W40 cannot be used but 5W40 can be used?

low-mid SAPS ACEA C3 0W40 oils are some of the best stuff for a T-GDI as the low saps will help prevent valve deposits and the 40weight and high HTHS will reduce fuel dilation

So the conclusion is if you want a higher quality oil for a TGDI use one that meets the euro standard MB 229.51, VW 50x.00/50x.00 , BMW LL-04 etc etc

ILSAC is irrelevant

Last edited:
Originally Posted by yowps3
Does anyone know if there's a reason why 0W40 cannot be used but 5W40 can be used?

Such questions have been asked on BITOG since it's formation, without a great answer ever coming about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back