Oil filter housing replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently had a remanufactured engine. Just had my oil changed and was told there is a leak in the oil filter housing.

How expensive is this to fix?

05 Honda accord

Depends on the issue causing the leak. Mine was a stripped thread on the housing so the filter could not seat properly, cost around $500 for me

Originally Posted By: kenpoed
Recently had a remanufactured engine. Just had my oil changed and was told there is a leak in the oil filter housing.

How expensive is this to fix?

05 Honda accord

Your 2005 Accord needed a new engine? May I ask what happened to the last one? Was there a warranty from the re-manufacturer that would cover this problem?

20k ago the timing belt nd water pump was changed but apparently not the tensioner. It seized at 70mph and blew the engine. Yes there is a warranty with thereman but it is an hour away and if it is something small it may be easier to just take care of it.

Originally Posted By: kenpoed
20k ago the timing belt nd water pump was changed but apparently not the tensioner. It seized at 70mph and blew the engine. Yes there is a warranty with thereman but it is an hour away and if it is something small it may be easier to just take care of it.

Thats too bad, its the 3.0 V6 right? I didnt know the tentioner was supposed to be changed as well.

Originally Posted By: Sawdusted
could be just a gasket attaching the oil filter housing to your engine block.

+1 the gasket costs about $10. there are 2 bolts holding the filter housing to the block. shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back