Oil filter change :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi'
Need a little help in finding a Motorcraft filter for our Ford 1720 tractor factory calls for a E9NN-6714AA Filter and we have been using a Fram PH16 and told to stay away from Fram filters even though we haven't had any problems that we are aware of but cannot find the correct cross over Motorcraft filter number. Can you help?

Fram lookup linked below lists several Motorcrafts but the FL300 looks to be the most current application. You can check the link to confirm.

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetailWindow.aspx?b=F&pn=PH16

welcome2.gif

OP never had any issue with a PH16, something tells me the Motorcraft will work just fine and burst pressure is not a critical factor. In fact likely any equivalent from a major filter maker will get the job done.

Tractors get beat up.

A thick wall filter will stand up to abuse better.

Any equivalent will work however, you are right..

OP had no issues with PH 16, OP asks for Motorcraft a solid filter, that's what was given. But, it's nice you agree with me.

Perhaps you could post the burst specs of each filter mentioned with a source citing, for the OP and all to see and compare.

Fyi, Napa Gold sale not a national promotion.

What's the link supposed to be? I see no authoritative specs, let alone burst specs comparing the NG to a MC or Fram. Like I thought just an unsubstantiated statement. Link is a discussion comparing one NG/Wix to another.
crazy.gif

As for NG sale, Napa's are franchised and not held to some 'local coupon' not their area. As said here and on promo board, not national.

Done here. Think the OP has the info he needs with the Fram link to make a decision.

Napa Gold 1452 is for hydraulic oil.
His Ford tractor E9NN-6714AA crosses to a Napa 1521 engine oil filter.
The Napa 1515 is the 1qt bigger filter, same inside specs.
And...the Napa 1773 is the 2qt filter with same inside specs.

Last edited:
I have a Ford 1720 and use a Purolator PL30001.
The PH8A crosses to the Purolator L30001, the PL30001 is the higher end Purolator.
90cummins

I have a Ford 1720 and use a Purolator PL30001.
The PH8A crosses to the Purolator L30001, the PL30001 is the higher end Purolator.
90cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back