Oil extraction tool, 2023 version?

Just ordered a pretty cool DIY extractor from China which lets you use your own power tools. Will test it on the HR-V dip stick hole and an M12 1/2" stubby once it arrives in about a month.

$16 before shipping if you can believe it for everything that's needed (pump head, connections, adapters, 2.4 metres of high temperature tubing)

A few translated screenshots from the product listing:

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 3.21.35 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 2.54.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 3.00.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 3.00.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Just ordered a pretty cool DIY extractor from China which lets you use your own power tools. Will test it on the HR-V dip stick hole and an M12 1/2" stubby once it arrives in about a month.

$16 before shipping if you can believe it for everything that's needed (pump head, connections, adapters, 2.4 metres of high temperature tubing)

A few translated screenshots from the product listing:

View attachment 165933
View attachment 165918

View attachment 165923

View attachment 165928

Nifty! Now, if we put a filter on it will flow be restricted? Does the filter need a built-in bypass? 😉

Is there a link to order?

Link to the listing: https://m.tb.cn/h.5bPJfgP

Problem is it's only sold domestically in China. Their market is large enough that most sellers don't bother with overseas sales so you need to use a buying agent.

CSSBuy is who I use - they take Paypal and have been reliable but you can research others on Google as there are many (search for Taobao buying agents).

I'll post an ordering guide along with the exact costs once it's received.

Nifty! Now, if we put a filter on it will flow be restricted? Does the filter need a built-in bypass? 😉

No info about that but they do say this
Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 4.41.19 PM.png

Here is the spec sheet, there are two models. I got the less expensive one as it seems plenty fast - should only take about a minute for the HR-V sump.

Screen Shot 2023-07-09 at 4.52.52 PM.png

I am using a MITYVAC 7400 for my Challenger and wife’s Equinox.
I bought the extra tube kit for different lengths also.
When I had a Taurus , I changed the Transmission fluid and power steering fluid also, with it.
And the lawnmower oil.

I think it's highly variable from one application to the next, just depending on the design and layout of the sump. I've seen videos where, with certain vehicles, the extraction method leaves a quart or more oil in the sump.
Works great on my Honda CRV doesn't work at all on my sister's Subaru

Those frickin tubes drive me crazy.
I bought a extra tube kit from Home Depot
I keep my tubes for each car in a large trash bag
Then put them in a plastic storage box.
They are kinda springy at first, it's like wrestling a snake.

Back