Oil Change Interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, what do you think about this one? I am just trying to get your educated guesses about my OCI without doing any analysis of any kind. I just bought this truck, currently has 28k miles on it. I did a complete(engine, AT, TC, diffs) fluid service before I left on the road 1600 miles ago.

2003 Chevy 2500HD 4x4. 8.1 V-8/Allison

Climate/Conditions: This is a salesmans "road" truck. 90% highway driving, AC on, cruise set at 75mph. Climates between 110* in Las Vegas to 40* on a cool summer night in the Rockies. When in a city making sales calls, lots of stop and go traffic with the AC on.

Leaks/Consumption: No leaks. So far has used 1/3 qt in 1600 miles.

Brand/Weight: OK here is where you'll all shoot me. I am using a home brew blend of 4 qts Mobil 1 10-30, 1 1/2 qts Chevron dino 10-30, and 1 qt of Chevron dino 30w. AC Delco PF 454 filter. I can't help myself with my home brews, it's a sickness!

Anyways, with that info, what would you suggest for an OCI? Am I pushing it with 5000 miles?

quote:

Originally posted by c502cid:
Guys, what do you think about this one? I am just trying to get your educated guesses about my OCI without doing any analysis of any kind. I just bought this truck, currently has 28k miles on it. I did a complete(engine, AT, TC, diffs) fluid service before I left on the road 1600 miles ago.

2003 Chevy 2500HD 4x4. 8.1 V-8/Allison

Climate/Conditions: This is a salesmans "road" truck. 90% highway driving, AC on, cruise set at 75mph. Climates between 110* in Las Vegas to 40* on a cool summer night in the Rockies. When in a city making sales calls, lots of stop and go traffic with the AC on.

Leaks/Consumption: No leaks. So far has used 1/3 qt in 1600 miles.

Brand/Weight: OK here is where you'll all shoot me. I am using a home brew blend of 4 qts Mobil 1 10-30, 1 1/2 qts Chevron dino 10-30, and 1 qt of Chevron dino 30w. AC Delco PF 454 filter. I can't help myself with my home brews, it's a sickness!

Anyways, with that info, what would you suggest for an OCI? Am I pushing it with 5000 miles?

Hey! You thread hijacker!
smile.gif

What does your owner's manual say for "severe" conditions? I would go with that schedule since you sound like you meet the criteria. With 5000 miles, you're probably pushing the envelope... definitely shouldn't go any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back