Oil availability going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting… At the time Amazon store was out of stock but price was $24.97 for PUP 0w-20. Ordered 2 on Jan. 9th. Presently in stock at this price.($45.59) Same Amazon stock number. My order arriving on March 13th… Other viscosity of PUP have varied prices.
Does that mean normal supply and prices are predicted to return?

Last edited:
Had a little project on the Stepdaughters 94 Mazda Protege today stopped at O'Rielly's on the way to pick up a couple of things. Literally half of their oil shelves were empty! They need to stop screwing with the truckers!

Nothing will be the same. I pray you are right and our current crisis ends!
Yeah, I don't see that, but I hope I am wrong. I could care less about oil, I am referring to most other things. It is affecting almost everything and I think it has taken a while to creep into some products.

No, we are not.
The electric thing is laughable for the next decade or more, until there is a way to charge it up in less than 5 minutes. The way I see it, is EV's at this point are novelty toys, useful for people who commute or do not travel far. If it makes them happy that is fine.
I suspect up to 25% of the population wouldnt mind one at this point as a SECOND commuter care, until the true cost of paying for the electric to charge it up at their home in made known that is.
Or they can own vehicles that run on fossil fuel and can go anyplace without worry.
I truly think the media and manufacturers are mis calculating by a huge margin the amount of people who will want one. Why would you?
Spend 40K on a car that cant take day trips? or overnight trips and cost more than the cost gas to recharge.

what kind of day trips are you going on? Teslas go 400+ miles on a charge, and it's not like its that hard to plug in a car right before you walk into your house after a day of work or whatever. Unplug it in the morning and go 400+ miles.....can't think of the last time I drove 400 miles in a day.

I am NOT a big electric car fan, heck I own 2 V8's. But if your eyes are not opened by what Tesla and now the big automakers are doing with electric cars nowadays, then your ignoring what is really happening.

The electric thing is laughable for the next decade or more, until there is a way to charge it up in less than 5 minutes. The way I see it, is EV's at this point are novelty toys, useful for people who commute or do not travel far. If it makes them happy that is fine.
I suspect up to 25% of the population wouldnt mind one at this point as a SECOND commuter care, until the true cost of paying for the electric to charge it up at their home in made known that is.
Or they can own vehicles that run on fossil fuel and can go anyplace without worry.
I truly think the media and manufacturers are mis calculating by a huge margin the amount of people who will want one. Why would you?
Spend 40K on a car that cant take day trips? or overnight trips and cost more than the cost gas to recharge.
The problem is, the guvmint doesn't care if something works or not. If it's mandated, it's mandated. That's the only thing that will phase out ICE imo.

I think I can say.. there is a certain "En Masse Stupidity" going around that comes from a very specific. Place.

Wake up, not wo.....

I agree with what you say, this whole thing cannot continue Re: ALL ELECTRIC. SOME electric, YES.

what kind of day trips are you going on? Teslas go 400+ miles on a charge, and it's not like its that hard to plug in a car right before you walk into your house after a day of work or whatever. Unplug it in the morning and go 400+ miles.....can't think of the last time I drove 400 miles in a day.

I am NOT a big electric car fan, heck I own 2 V8's. But if your eyes are not opened by what Tesla and now the big automakers are doing with electric cars nowadays, then your ignoring what is really happening.
and if you stop overnight in a hotel after a couple hundred mile trip?
and if that 400 mile number is closer to 300 best case?

Im not in anyway ignoring what is happening. Did I not say I would expect maybe up to 25% to be a second or commuter car in the USA?
DO you know right now the percentage of EV's in the USA is only 1.6% (one point six percent) so I am allowing another 23% increase over the next decade.
Though if the numbers ever get that high, its possible thing might come crashing down once the public see's how expensive fuel is for electric cars, how inconvenient they are and the MASSIVE undertaking it would take to upgrade every single electric infrastructure in the country so people could plug their cars in when they get home from work.
Think electric is expensive now? Wait until the entire infrastructure needs to be redone.

All I am saying in my posts is like everything in the press, whom the writers have no idea what they are talking about, is this notation that EV's are going to take over the marketplace anytime soon, impossible, impractical and there is no infrastructure to support it.
The industry is falling over all itself making a huge gamble. I suspect in the next decade solid state batteries will come into being, then at that time might might start to make sense in 10 to 20 years. Solid state batteries will allow recharging in minutes (or many minutes) vs hours.

Tesla, what are they doing? Building EV's a tiny fraction of the automobiles being built. That's another thing, speculation, I maybe wrong but would expect GM and Ford, all the big makers to crush Tesla. Time will tell. Things are ugly as sin once you get used to seeing them, got a few on my community. Was on the interstate yesterday, saw a new one in my rear view mirror, front of it reminds me of a VW Bug.
Its easy to crank out a million cars a year until all the other big makers start too, with many more models.

Im just giving my thoughts, not debating you, I saw you own 2 big v-8s... Im just debating the "eyes not opened" part of your statement. I do pretty well with my investments but wont touch Tesla for anything. Doesnt mean its bad for someone else.

Last edited:
Have you tried to buy buttermilk biscuits in a WOP can lately? None to be found around here and unflavored coffee creamer that is powdered is also hard to find. Can't figure it out why.

Just having fun with this, I just happened to see this picture from a friend as a joke and got a laugh after just posting on the subject.

1645566249143.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back