Oil analysis bottles & pumps

Are the oil analysis bottles from Wix, Napa, Blackstone, Schaffer’s etc, the same? I’m contemplating buying a sample pump and want to know if the pump will work with all companies analysis bottles.

this is the pump I’m looking at, looks the same as the pump blackstone sells.

Last edited:
I can't speak for Wix or Napa, but Blackstone and Amsoil use the same bottles. I have an Amsoil pump https://www.amsoil.com/p/oil-analysis-pump-g1206/ which appears to be just like the one Amazon shows only with an "Amsoil" decal. I just screwed the sample bottle from Blackstone on it. The "special materials" that it is made of are simply brushed aluminum and plastic.
Thanks, from the layout of the reports it looks like Schaffer’s and amsoil use the same analysis company?

That pump is even cheaper than bs or Amazon if it wasn’t for shipping.

Thanks, from the layout of the reports it looks like Schaffer’s and amsoil use the same analysis company?

That pump is even cheaper than bs or Amazon if it wasn’t for shipping.
Amsoil uses Oil Analyzers labs and Horizon; I've also used Blackstone because Oil Analyzers particle count machine broke a few years back and they didn't have plans to repair it. I know nothing of Schaffer's except it is located in St. Louis MO and I occasionally drive by there on the way to one of the shops I visit.

Back