Oh, Deer!

The small town I live in (actually it's a village) is now famous.
Between 1 PM-2 PM yesterday (Oct.1, 2021) my apt. complex had a visitor. My neighbor that lives 2 doors down from me was lying on his couch watching TV. Suddenly, he heard a big crash of his kitchen window. A 4 point deer had jumped thru his kitchen window! My neighbor got up and the deer jumped back thru the window. About 5 minutes later the deer then jumped thru our Town Hall drive thru window (about a football field away from here). He tore almost EVERYTHING up in the water bill collectors office! Luckily she wasn't in her chair when he jumped thru the window.
Those of you that are on Facebook can follow the link and see the deer jumping thru the window.
So, now all you fine BITOG members know where I live.
WE'RE FAMOUS!

I remember when Oakland Police shot a deer and the furor there was over shooting Bambi. There are deer around the area, but apparently this one started freaking out when it got stuck in a fenced yard and a crowd was gathering. Then they shot it several times with their sidearms, where the rounds ended up lodged in various places on someone's property. I get it when a mountain lion is found up a tree, as they're way more unpredictable than deer.

Had a near miss the other night. My son was behind the wheel. I warned him and his friend to keep an eye out for deer. Sure enough, one popped out from the left ditch. I was in the back seat of the crew cab pick up and had a good view. He hit the brakes and the deer tried to stop, entering our lane but falling on its side and skidding. By then we had the speed low and managed to steer to the right onto the shoulder. The rear tires on the unloaded pickup were skidding but we came safely to a stop inches from the uninjured deer. It got up and took off.

City cops, ill trained, first thing that pops into their mind is to yank out the pistola and the lead starts flying.

Back