O2 sensor....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Westerly
All this nonsense about Bosch parts being poor quality is absurd!

Perhaps a few "stealth marketing" folks posting around the car sites over the past few years.?

Bosch parts are very good quality on par with Denso (did you know that Denso and Bosch work in partnership as well?)

The only thing I would say is that I would choose the OEM brand for the specific application, (eg. Bosch for VW, Audi, ect and Denso for Honda, Toyota ,ect)

No stealth marketing, just personal experience. I too have not had good luck with Bosch.

they might be running fine, or they might be on their last legs. i'd change em, they're easy if you have the split socket and decent sized ratchet or breaker bar. i put a little copper anti-seize on em, but they come w/ some silver antiseize on em already.

I appreciate all the advice and comments. I believe I will go ahead and change the pre-cat O2 sensors this weekend. Isn't it strange that the NGK or Denso sensors have to be ordered on-line? Not one of the local autoparts stores carries them. The Bosch sensors are readily available and at about 1/2 the price for OE type sensors.

I will keep you guys posted on how the engine responds. I am glad that I have the split socket for removing the sensors. They appear to be very easy to change on the Tahoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back