NYPD: Rookies get Better Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I think they should go back to the Smith Wesson Model 10 .38 Special. These police seem to think they are tactical units or something. Very seldom do you see a lone officer engage terrorists and this may focus more on accuracy then spray and pray. Your never going to match for with rifled shooter regardless of 15 v.s 17 rounds. Really petty.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Actually I think they should go back to the Smith Wesson Model 10 .38 Special. These police seem to think they are tactical units or something. Very seldom do you see a lone officer engage terrorists and this may focus more on accuracy then spray and pray. Your never going to match for with rifled shooter regardless of 15 v.s 17 rounds. Really petty.

Yea, can't disagree. And that's quadrupally true for the vast majority of folks that carry , without any or minimal training.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Shift work is a big one, combined with added stress and difficulty maintaining a proper diet while on patrol.

You just described over half of the jobs in this country. I worked 10 and 12 hour, 6 day a week shifts for 45 years. Standing on a concrete floor all the while. Plus I went to night school afterward for the first 5 years. Every job is tough. I ate out of a brown bag for over half of my life. Diet is up to the individual. If all they eat is fast food and junk, and don't exercise on top of it, they'll die young regardless of what they do, or where they do it. I'm not buying it's because they became cops.

Over half the jobs in the country are shift work, high stress, and cause difficulty maintaining a diet and eating schedule? I'd like to see your data.

Actually, save your time and focus on showing that greater than 50% of American jobs are shift work.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Panzerman

Yea, can't disagree. And that's quadrupally true for the vast majority of folks that carry , without any or minimal training.

In this fantasy, are the bad guys now carrying wheel guns, or should the police just be at a disadvantage?

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Actually, save your time and focus on showing that greater than 50% of American jobs are shift work.

What does that have to do with anything? Do you think cops are the only people who work long hours, and are deprived of healthy home cooked meals, and a workout room while they're doing so? Cops also have a high degree of alcoholism, along with other detrimental life style habits that are not connected with their employment. Anyone can come up with an excuse to drink. That doesn't make it a wise or healthy choice to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back