Nulon oil Dexos1-Gen2 but not API ?

SR5

One of the oil companies in Australia is Nulon and they make Nulon Long Life 5W30 Full Synthetic which is rated API SN, ILSAC GF-5 and Dexos1-Gen2. It’s a well respected local oil that you can get everywhere.

It gives its GM dexos license number and it is listed on the GM dexos web page, so all good.

However I can’t find it listed on the API EOLCS directory.

Did I miss it ?
Is it possible to be genuine Dexos without being genuine API SN / SP?
I know ACEA is self certified, is this possible with API?

To me Euro ACEA and Dexos are higher standards than API SN, so I’m not worried about the quality of the oil if it carries either of the other two specifications.

A picture of the oil

Attachments

• 8A0C6F89-172D-4CA7-B1A1-4A71760515B4.jpeg
    8A0C6F89-172D-4CA7-B1A1-4A71760515B4.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 28
There were a few dexos-only dexos oils out back when the original dexos1 was released. Smitty's and Mag1 both had one. The bottle was green and had a giant dexos logo, but no API starburst. I didn't know this was still a thing with d1g2 :unsure:

They used to do an A3/B4 20W-50, but can't find it anywhere now. I was hoping to use iit in the bike, so had to settle for Castrol 15W-50 Active.

They used to do an A3/B4 20W-50, but can't find it anywhere now. I was hoping to use iit in the bike, so had to settle for Castrol 15W-50 Active.

Motu, you remind me of a guy called Silk who use to post here a lot. Great guy who also like some Euro rated 20W50 for his motorcycle.

Merry Christmas mate.

Yes that's me - I'm Motu on other (motorcycle) sites, so when I was locked out on the big change, I rejoined as a new identity. I originally joined here as Motu, but he was banned before his first post. I've learned to tone down the Kiwi/Aussie say it as it is approach on these delicate US sites.

Back