"Nothing performs like Mobil 1"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read that Royal Purple is owned by the guy who invented Mobil 1 and sold it to Mobil. I've read that Royal Purple was the same as Mobil 1 with purple dye. I don't know if that is true. Maybe someone here can verify or debunk the rumor.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I've read that Royal Purple is owned by the guy who invented Mobil 1 and sold it to Mobil. I've read that Royal Purple was the same as Mobil 1 with purple dye. I don't know if that is true. Maybe someone here can verify or debunk the rumor.

That'd be an interesting but very short court battle.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody

Whether or not the guy previously worked at Mobil, I don't know, but I guarantee that he did not "sell it" to them. I can also pretty much guarantee that RP does not make their own synthetic base stock. Don't confuse blending of various components and bottling with "making" an oil.

The correct statement should be, "Nothing performed like Mobil 1 [when the tests were conducted]." I don't recall when these tests were done, but it was with a previous version of M1 when there was more PAO and zinc in their mix, industry oil standards were different, and the competition was not as good as it is today.

The formulations in Mobils recent on line test are no doubt their most recent oils. It's my experience with M1,31 years, that their newest oils are performing as well as any oil XM ever made.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
What's with posting the M1 fluff ads? Is it the "new" sponsor?

Now Pablo, take a deep breath. It's just part of their website (not fluff ads) that buster is showing. No different than showing the Amsoil white papers, etc.

What would you expect them to have on thier website? " Mobil1 has a cool looking silver bottle"
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Johnny

Now Pablo, take a deep breath. It's just part of their website (not fluff ads) that buster is showing. No different than showing the Amsoil white papers, etc.

1) I'm breathing just fine.
2) Buster seems to be on quite the roll!!
3) I have no problem with the posting, but it is an ad and it's fluffy white.
4) I'm entitled to my opinion.

M1 does have some neat on line test they perform on real engines.Wonder why the others only use the famous 4 ball test they explote?
Good to see M1 and Penz stay away from the 4xxxx game.

That is not true.Valvoline and Castrol say their oils out perform Mobil 1.The Valvoline,there was a radio ad with the host of PINKS saying this.It says on some of the Castrol commercials.It said on one of the Castrol commercials with the Think with your dipstick campaign.Plus Mobil 1 should not be the offical oil of Nascar,not every team uses Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: Johnny

1) I'm breathing just fine.
2) Buster seems to be on quite the roll!!
3) I have no problem with the posting, but it is an ad and it's fluffy white.
4) I'm entitled to my opinion.

1) Glad to hear that.
2) Yes he is.
3) You have me there.
4) Yes you are.

5.) I post "fluff" of all kinds and brands. Do a search.
6.) Quite your whining.

grin2.gif

They used "mileage accumulation dynomoters" for the Corvette engine test. 200k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back