Not your everyday stock Fiesta......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cos
What is that big console mounted shifter for? I don't think it was for the trans because he was shifting the trans with paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.

E-brake

I would love to see a technical article with pictures about the machine itself. I'd be interested in a reveal about the engine, transmission and AWD system, how they are made etc.

It is truly an amazing machine capable of near Veyron horsepower. That to me is as interesting as what Ken Block can do with it.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
And here I'm upset when I can't get more than a few years out of a set of tires! Ken Block (aka Subie traitor) is one entertaining driver.

HA! And I just loved it when he 'defected' to the Blue Oval (as well as his teamates)!!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
I would love to see a technical article with pictures about the machine itself. I'd be interested in a reveal about the engine, transmission and AWD system, how they are made etc.

It is truly an amazing machine capable of near Veyron horsepower. That to me is as interesting as what Ken Block can do with it.

When I spoke to Tanner Foust at the N.J. Motorsports Park Rally Cross he said that they use X-Trac sequentials and AWD systems. I forgot which engine builder he said they use, but it is NOT Mountune (like the Ford works WRC rides used to be).
I would also want to know more explicit details on these monsters!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
What is that big console mounted shifter for? I don't think it was for the trans because he was shifting the trans with paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.

E-brake

Yes, a hydraulically activated, non-indexing one at that. Standard fare in rally/drift/rallycross/etc. nowadays.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: javacontour

E-brake

Yes, a hydraulically activated, non-indexing one at that. Standard fare in rally/drift/rallycross/etc. nowadays.
wink.gif

Interesting, sounds like a second brake master cylinder plumbed into the rear brake circuit only, and actuated by a big lever rather than a brake pedal. Is this basically how it works?

And here I'm upset when I can't get more than a few years out of a set of tires! Ken Block (aka Subie traitor) is one entertaining driver.

HA! And I just loved it when he 'defected' to the Blue Oval (as well as his teamates)!!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

How dare you say such a thing!
spankme2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

How dare you say such a thing!
spankme2.gif

I'll tell you what, I almost considered a WRX (or at least a 2.5 RS coupe, converted to a 2.0 turbo AWD drivetrain setup) back when they were 1/3rd owned by a domestic nameplate.

But now that they are wholly owned by the Nippon Giant there is just NO WAY I could ever even think of owning one (sorry).

Even though I like their design/concept/layout. Even the STI hatchback version has grown on me looks-wise, as it reminds me of an updated Lancia Delta Integrale 16V
wink.gif
, although like many others I prefer the older sedan models.

Ken Block (aka Subie traitor) is one entertaining driver.

Don't blame Ken for leaving for greener pastures supplied by a superior manufacturer.
grin.gif
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back