RESTORE ENGINE RESTORE - 4 Cylinder

USE EXTREME CAUTION when adding this product to your oil.
2016 Ford Fiesta SE 1.6L
No where on the can does it say not to use with V V T engines.
Just had my oil changed. Added a can of Restore 4 Cylinder. Within 10 mintes the check engine light came on.
Restore clogged my V V T Solenoids. $400 in repairs.
Like clogged arteries. Your cars had a triple bypass. Cause is a bad diet lol.
Thanks for the heads up on that stuff.

I used Restore one time on a worn out smoking tractor. It did absolutely nothing. Junk product IMHO.
I had the opposite experience with an old Farmall. If the engine is too worn out, it's not like this stuff will create new piston rings. But it does help with a little blowby. Depends on how far gone it is, yours probably required actual repair.

I had an old Nissan years back that was wheezing with low compression and low oil pressure. I would put the 6 cylinder size can in that 4 cylinder engine and would receive 1000-1500 miles of much improved performance. So it does work but maybe not on anything that has tiny critical passages like a VVT solenoid.

This stuff is a slurry of soft metals designed to fill scores in the walls of heavily worn/abused engines; engines on their death bed, allowing them go another few miles.

This is like giving meth to somebody in a nursing home with a heart condition and bum knees. Sure, they might be able to get up and move around a bit, but they are still close to dying and now you've just made them dependent on meth.
Can’t hold a candle to Slick50 … or they used more candles ?
I forget ?😵‍💫

I find it interesting that many people dump something into their engine after the fact and then ask if it was appropriate or reasonable, rather than coming here first and asking the question before dumping in some questionable additive.:unsure:

I used it once on an old 3.8l cutlass that had been through the ringer multiple times. It definitely helped. I wouldn't use it on newer engine designs

Back