Bilstein Engine Flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this? Are they good or bad?
My company has a Toyota Sequoia that they just payed $89 to have this done.

They currently change oil every 5,000 with whatever the dealer puts in. They have 21,000 on the Toyota now.

Taken from their literature.
quote:

Oil Changes Are Not Enough

While oil filters remove particulate over 25 microns, sludge, tar, varnish, and wear metals less than 25 microns continue to circulate within the engine and accumulate within the passageways, oil pump and oil pan. These contaminants cause engine wear, higher operating temperatures, and reduced lubrication.

Past Procedures Compound the Problem

Simply pouring chemical flush additives into the crankcase may be ineffective. With this approach, dissolved sludge, particulate and accumulated debris circulate causing significant engine wear.

Bilstein R-2000 Engine Flush System

This system cleans your engine by using patented adaptors and specially formulated solutions to dissolve accumulations of sludge, tar, varnish and wear metals.

The process is performed with the engine off. Using pulsating pressures, the Bilstein R-2000 Engine Flush System circulates a heated petroleum distillate solution through the crankcase, oil passageways and oil pan to dissolve sludge.

A clean engine means better performance, superior fuel economy and longer engine life.

Restore Engine Efficiency With Total Safety

The Bilstein R-2000 Engine Flush will not harm your engine, ring seating, valve guides or seals. All residual oil and cleaning solutions are evacuated leaving a light mineral oil on critical wear surfaces.

Periodic Engine Cleaning Extends Engine Life

Tests have shown that periodic sludge removal restores operational efficiencies and reduces harmful exhaust emissions. By reducing wear metals and corrosive contaminants a longer life can be expected.

Bilstein - Quality and Reliability

Over the decades, Bilstein has established a solid reputation for quality and reliability. Our products are marketed worldwide only after extensive research and testing.

I think a two dollar bottle of nuetra would do the same thing, plus you'd have a few ounces left over to pour into the gas tank
wink.gif

With that said, I have read on one of the Acura forums that people have been happy with the results. However, I think that with either the Schaeffer's product, or AutoRX, you are eliminating the chance for the sludge and other particles to cause damage while circulating through the engine (which is the main selling point of the bilstein flush).

Out of the three flush options, $90 bilstein vs. $20 ARX vs. $1.00 Nuetra, I think the answer is obvious. What I'd like to know is why they had this done with only 21K miles on the clock?

Nick

With the alleged sludge problems of some Toyota cars and vans maybe they should have done it sooner.

I hold all machine flush's suspect? THe 4.7 V8 does not have any sludge issue's!

offtopic.gif
Mystic only a small sample of Toyota with two particular engines used dureing a few short years has the "sludge" problem. THe problem is primarly one of to long of an OCI.

You can not possable compare the oil burning anemic timechain eating, head gasket blowing Ford 4.6 V8 or GM's anemic slap happy, carbon plagued Gen III 4.7 V8 to the refined none oil burning, vibration free broad flat power band Toyota 4.7 V8.

You know, I did misread that. I thought it was a Toyota van. But it was a Toyota SUV with a V8 engine. Wish I had one of those Toyotas.

quote:

You can not possable compare the oil burning anemic timechain eating, head gasket blowing Ford 4.6 V8 or GM's anemic slap happy, carbon plagued Gen III 4.7 V8 to the refined none oil burning, vibration free broad flat power band Toyota 4.7 V8.

How eloquent. Quote of the week perhaps?
grin.gif
grin.gif

The same day I typed that I was looking at a carboned up piston out of a GEN III engine. The top two piston rings were so carboned up so bad that they had to give him a new engine under waranty. The amount of varnish on the skirts was insane for a truck with less then 36,000 miles. THe pistons also had carbon on the tops.

WIth fuel injection and a tightly regulated emmision system pistons should not need routine decarboning!!

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:

I just read where the Japanese are starting to adopt the US management style and practices (except for Honda), so maybe in a year or two the comparison will be a valid one.
dunno.gif

NickB

Clarification Bilstein Procedure is based on solvent technology.You never empty flush chemistry completely from your engine even with the oil and filter change, it's still in the engine. Auto-Rx is a metal cleaner that works over miles and what stays in your engine from non solvent chemistry (Auto-Rx all natural) is all good.Hydrocarbons blowing from your exhaust after cleaning with Auto-Rx are good ones.
Major reason Auto-Rx engine cleansing will get cars passing grades in states where there is emission testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back