Not sure what's wrong with my wife.

I found a tarantula out by my garage. I brought him in so we could check him out and she screamed,crawled over the back of the couch and ran to the bedroom then slammed the door.

Oddest behavior I have ever seen from her.

Attachments

• IMG_20221110_184051618.jpg
    IMG_20221110_184051618.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 200
I found a tarantula out by my garage. I brought him in so we could check him out and she screamed,crawled over the back of the couch and ran to the bedroom then slammed the door.

Chris, your wife is a victim of arachnophobia. A proven way of dealing with any phobia is persistent exposure therapy. You increasingly expose your wife to ever more spidery things until she is cured of her debilitating condition. Hiding a pulsating, about-to-burst egg sack in a cupboard would be a great start. Hide more spider things in your wife's favorite hiding places as impromptu surprises. But do make sure you don't come to harm in the process. They do bite - both spiders and wives.

Last edited:
my wife would have killed the thing in an instant, she has killed snakes, all kinds of critters and insects whatever, she has no fear of them, just doesn't like them

My wife would say:"now find other spiders, so we can fight them together and get some bets going"

We were always taught that killing a spider indoors brought bad luck.

In the movie "Arachnophobia", the mother says to the kids, "Don't kill a spider on the hearth cause it brings bad luck".

Either way, take him outside. He's an indicator of a clean environment.

Chris, your wife is a victim of arachnophobia. A proven way of dealing with any phobia is persistent exposure therapy. You increasingly expose your wife to ever more spidery things until she is cured of her debilitating condition. Hiding a pulsating, about-to-burst egg sack in a cupboard would be a great start. Hide more spider things in your wife's favorite hiding places as impromptu surprises. But do make sure you don't come to harm in the process. They do bite - both spiders and wives.
This sounds like a sure fire method of not having to deal with her arachnophobia in the future. 🤣

Opposite here, my wife has a tank at work with some spiders in it and I hate them, I won't let her bring them home. I'll see if she has any recent pictures and post them.

Back