Not As Interesting Views

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Rolf = mickey or Mickey HUH?

No.

Apparently one of the admins, in an effort to illustrate where the problem lies, began altering my name while I was on-line.

I saw "mickey" with and without an uppercase first letter, a "Miguel" something or other, and those are just the ones I saw.

Then he locked the thread.

Go figure, huh?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? is a Latin phrase from the Roman poet Juvenal, variously translated as "Who watches the watchmen?", "Who watches the watchers?", "Who will guard the guards?", "Who shall watch the watchers themselves?", or "Who administers the BITOG admins?".

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? is a Latin phrase from the Roman poet Juvenal, variously translated as "Who watches the watchmen?", "Who watches the watchers?", "Who will guard the guards?", "Who shall watch the watchers themselves?", or "Who administers the BITOG admins?".

The owner.

Originally Posted By: Mickey
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Rolf = mickey or Mickey HUH?

No.

Apparently one of the admins, in an effort to illustrate where the problem lies, began altering my name while I was on-line. [snip] Then he locked the thread.

Yo Mickey, I think you may be just a tad confused. I advise you to run diagnostics. Your old thread isn't locked: Uninteresting Views

Ubi sunt qui ante nos fuerunt?

or

Where are those who have gone before us?

The first two words, translated as "where are" are the hallmark of a popular medieval type of verse whose first line generally began with these two words and had a tone of nostalgia, underscoring the transience of life...

A variant of this meditation on mortality was employed by the medieval French poet Francois Villon in the phrase, "Where are the snows of yesteryear?" in his poem The Ballad of Dead Ladies.

In a further permutation playing on the Villon variant, a character in Joseph Heller's novel "Catch 22" voices the rhetorical question, "Where are the Snowdens of yesteryear?" referring to the character Snowden who had died.

THREADJACK: This thread is now about making yourself sound smart.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

Bonus points for honesty.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

Bonus points for honesty.
11.gif

Just trying to show that the market isn't cornered on this kind of thing. Most of us simply have the good taste to refrain.

Actually, I had to memorize this information for a UIL Literary Criticism competition in highschool. I did have to search for the proper spelling of Villon's name though.

The constant name changes may be merely an inexplicable manifestation of multiple forum personality disorder (MFPD).

*The X-Files theme music*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back