Not a random photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may or may not have flash banged myself with my new Diode Dynamics light bar while testing it.
14C68B21-E327-46DE-877F-CE648EF8ECC7.jpeg

I started out with a bratwurst for lunch. $9, these days not a bad price.

Then I took some country roads in Marin towards the coast. I was of course going topless. 😛

I made it to Dillon Beach and I spent a couple hours surfing. Nice day. 75°F, the water was just just about 53°F.

On the way back a cow decided to cross the road out of the blue.

I was depleted from surfing in the cold water and needed some carbs to revive. Pistachio almond fudge and vanilla ice cream did the trick. Also had hot coffee. The huge ball of pistachio ice cream was not my idea. I was the last customer of the day and gave me all that was left at no extra charge.

Last edited:
I may or may not have flash banged myself with my new Diode Dynamics light bar while testing it. View attachment 88458
Those do put out some light.

When I was at my last job, I’d pass a guy in a Jeep with these who would always have them on. He got flashed with my 100w aux lights. It was to the point to where I’d see him coming and just keep them on. This would happen every Friday. He later fixed their alignment.

I started out with a bratwurst for lunch. $9, these days not a bad price.

Then I took some country roads in Marin towards the coast. I was of course going topless. 😛

I made it to Dillon Beach and I spent a couple hours surfing. Nice day. 75°F, the water was just just about 53°F.

On the way back a cow decided to cross the road out of the blue.

I was depleted from surfing in the cold water and needed some carbs to revive. Pistachio almond fudge and vanilla ice cream did the trick. Also had hot coffee. The huge ball of pistachio ice cream was not my idea. I was the last customer of the day and gave me all that was left at no extra charge.
That’s an interesting bun. What kind was it?

Those do put out some light.

When I was at my last job, I’d pass a guy in a Jeep with these who would always have them on. He got flashed with my 100w aux lights. It was to the point to where I’d see him coming and just keep them on. This would happen every Friday. He later fixed their alignment.
I really don’t want to be “that guy” but I work nights and prefer taking the mostly deserted back roads home…. But those are filled with deer, I think I’ll be able to see them now. I will be treating it as an auxiliary high beam and shutting them off for traffic.

Light bar output only, headlights were off. Not bad for an 18” bar! Other picture isn’t my truck (it was dark out when I installed it), but I mounted it to the plastic splash guard below the bumper like this.

FFA77CC3-FCF0-4F26-AD32-E9F3175806FA.jpeg
6E21D3DD-6B29-4AFA-BA78-A7B774154325.jpeg

I really don’t want to be “that guy” but I work nights and prefer taking the mostly deserted back roads home…. But those are filled with deer, I think I’ll be able to see them now. I will be treating it as an auxiliary high beam and shutting them off for traffic.

Light bar output only, headlights were off. Not bad for an 18” bar! Other picture isn’t my truck (it was dark out when I installed it), but I mounted it to the plastic splash guard below the bumper like this.

View attachment 88508View attachment 88509
Deer were the reason I bought mine as well.

Paging @earlyre I'm actually on Route 30 this overcast day so I don't know if you wanted me to pay attention to any particular mile marker or landmark maybe I can grab a pic.

Testing function @earlyre

98 miles from Fort Wayne

Screenshot_20220211-073408_Waze.jpg

That’s an interesting bun. What kind was it?
It's some kind of whole grain baguette they get from the bakery in town. The sausage sandwich is from K&A Take Away in Tomales. They are open only 4 days a week.

Here's another picture from Dillon Beach at low tide yesterday. Looking roughly south, in the background you see a little of Tomales Bay, which is the waterway in the mist, and to the right you can see Tomales Point on the Point Reyes peninsula.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back