Not a random photo thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220123_115457.jpg

cquartz hopefully will turn hubcaps into some bling-bling :ROFLMAO:

The underpinnings for the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer are the DT RAM pick-up.
I think they look sharp, but let me just ask. Do you feel the Grand parlance will introduce confusion?

I'm loving it because we had a 1989 for two weeks on a test drive. Almost had one of them, Dad went with.. something else.. not sure why, even now I'm not sure if it was a "Grand Wagoneer" or "Wagoneer"

I think they look sharp, but let me just ask. Do you feel the Grand parlance will introduce confusion?

I'm loving it because we had a 1989 for two weeks on a test drive. Almost had one of them, Dad went with.. something else.. not sure why, even now I'm not sure if it was a "Grand Wagoneer" or "Wagoneer"
It's supposed to indicate the vehicle being more upscale, hence the grand moniker.

I don't think it's confusing, though I do think they should have tried to make them look different, like they did with the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

Even in the 90's, when the Cherokee/Grand Cherokee looked more similar (and were similar in size) there were still enough differences to make it obvious:
1644440793781.jpg

1644440834747.jpg

It's supposed to indicate the vehicle being more upscale, hence the grand moniker.

I don't think it's confusing, though I do think they should have tried to make them look different, like they did with the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee.

Even in the 90's, when the Cherokee/Grand Cherokee looked more similar (and were similar in size) there were still enough differences to make it obvious:
View attachment 88285
View attachment 88287
Is that a 1996 Gold edition GC, Limited with the 4.0?

And the regular Cherokee hung around until..what, 2001? 2005? You are absolutely correct, it was same basic rugged SUV as the one introduced 1988 I think, with a better trans.. GC was "better" unless you wanted "more rugged" or something like that. I had a Niner for a month, flipped it.

I have not seen a Grand Wagoneer in the wild yet.

Is that a 1996 Gold edition GC, Limited with the 4.0?

And the regular Cherokee hung around until..what, 2001? 2005? You are absolutely correct, it was same basic rugged SUV as the one introduced 1988 I think, with a better trans.. GC was "better" unless you wanted "more rugged" or something like that. I had a Niner for a month, flipped it.

I have not seen a Grand Wagoneer in the wild yet.

My dealer has had a couple Grand Wagoneer units in now, not sure if they've had a Wagoneer. Both were sold before delivery so I didn't get a chance to try them out. Once I get a chance, I'll post a review here.

Both those pictures are just from Google, I had put in 1994 Cherokee and Grand Cherokee for the search terms.

Junior finally got to drive the Mini. When he leaves in a week I'll have to make sure the Mini is still in the garage and not his Golf Wagon. 😉 He insisted on being put in the witness protection program. He's got the paranoia from me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back