Not a fan of the C8, but wow I am impressed, driving through a flood

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
There are better videos out there of this C8 Corvette going through the Miami flood a few days ago, but this is the only video I could post a link to. Would never have guessed this C8 would have made it through that water for that distance/ time.

I am not a fan for the C8 simply for this reason- I wish GM would scrap the C8 and instead have put the same effort (money) into the design of a small sedan that was world class and compete with the Corolla and Civic.

Last edited:
That video makes me almost want to write the check for a new Vette ! I knew a guy that build dragster chassis and used to tease me about flat bottom drag boats being wet Corvettes and is seems they really are.

• Haha
Reactions: GON
Floods cause the most weather-related fatalities. Don't drive anything into flood water. Sports cars especially will easily float off of their wheels and get swept out of control downstream to deep water.

Last edited:
am not a fan for the C8 simply for this reason- I wish GM would scrap the C8 and instead have put the same effort (money) into the design of a small sedan that was world class and compete with the Corolla and Civic.
Schwimmervet. When the Chevy Cruze debuted I thought GM just might have a winner in the small sedan class, especially with the diesel. Just like GM to discontinue a car once they get it right. Sadly, The Japanese mfrs have owned this segment for the last half century!

Is it really that hard to go around another way?

I've had my Jeep in water that deep but... It's a Jeep 😆

I've done that in a few of mine too. My most frustrating was a stream crossing with my VERY rusty old YJ. The water came up to the bottom of the seat. Unfortunately I had my lunch in a bag and it got swept out through a hole in the floor 😢

And the last time the Cherokee went for a swim I had to pull the air filter and replace an alternator

I'm not too big a fan of a C8, no doubt a nifty little car and usually faster than Lamborghinis (straight line off-the-line races. Corvette is more powerful, kinda makes you look at the Lambo funny. And apparently they handle very well too) there is just something that looks "off" about them.

Better have engine revved up before you water-ford with a vehicle. Drop it into Neutral then back into drive and keep it revved up....

Back