No internet flip phone recommendation for dad

There is a flip phone option with internet somewhere. I see the ads on tv fairly regularly
The jitterbug or something to that effect.

I have a ZTE flip phone from Tracfone. It has internet access, but I don't use it and it doesn't turn on itself. The user has to make the choice to choose the internet connect options. My one year plan was around $99 per year. Check out the Tracfone website for current offers.

Reactions: GON
Kyocera E4810 4G flip phone. Rugged and it has buttons, not the largest but not the smallest.

You can also get a cradle charger so it doesn't have to be plugged in. Apparently these are popular for commercial use.

Real dad is looking for flip phone that’s just basic talk and text with no internet access. I couldn’t find much.
Just go to Walmart electronics. They will fix u up.
I been a flip phone user forever. Never used a smart phone etc... No need for me. I usually drop and destory one every 5-6 years and replace at WalMart. Last time I got an AT&T updated one for $39 and I always use them under my wife's AT&T plan. So when I buy a new one WalMart folks transfer everything over and program my new one for me. This time the new phone has all kind of new features etc... Like Wifi and internet etc... In case I want to use that but rarely do since its just easier for me to use our PC on the desk in the house.

Verizon has one, ATT has one... I'm sure most carriers have an option. It would help if you indicated which carrier was being used or wanting to be used, i.e. add him to your phone plan, etc.

this is the one we got dad a few years ago.....
works great for him.
they USED to be $30 @ Wally.. now.. $79.99
I have a spare from when they were $30.

wally link

Last edited:
I have a smart phone but I prefer to use a flip phone for making/taking calls. IMO nobody manufactures a really good flip phone any longer. The Alcatel I have now is worse than the ZTE I had before, and neither of the phones compare to the Motorolas I had before them.

Best flip phones use Android and are stripped back to basic function. There is no money to develop a new OS that is decent so it’s best get get low rent smartphone or flip home running Android.

Best flip phones use Android and are stripped back to basic function. There is no money to develop a new OS that is decent so it’s best get get low rent smartphone or flip home running Android.
Other than the luxury flip-smartphones on the market, whose currently available flip phone is running Android? All of the ones I have found are running their own proprietary OS (like KaiOS), including Alcatel (Jitterbug), Nokia, ZTE, and Plum.

Kyocera E4810 4G flip phone. Rugged and it has buttons, not the largest but not the smallest.

You can also get a cradle charger so it doesn't have to be plugged in. Apparently these are popular for commercial use.

Have had this phone for about 3 years and recommend it highly well built and the volume level can be set to what I think is a very high level-no trouble at all using it in mechanical rooms with the equipment running

A lot of these basic ones are running on Linux. KaiOS (open source) was mentioned, and that’s Linux.

Other than the luxury flip-smartphones on the market, whose currently available flip phone is running Android? All of the ones I have found are running their own proprietary OS (like KaiOS), including Alcatel (Jitterbug), Nokia, ZTE, and Plum.

I don’t believe KaiOS is technically considered proprietary.

Back