Flip Phone For Seniors

All he does is phone calls. No social media. No navigation. No texting. No searching for somewhere to eat. Just a phone. That is all he wants from it.
We have Tello for our phones for that reason. Just phones. $8 a month, unlimited talk and text, no data. We have 2 flip phones on that plan as that is all those family members want. You get a $10 credit if you have a referral code. Not sure where else you can get a code but my code: https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P35JBC4P

The question that begs to be asked is-"Why a flip Phone?" Is she that electronics adverse?
If someone only needs a phone only, a flip phone will do the job just fine.. Has nothing to do with being electronically adverse. It seems some always have to question someone else's needs.

Last edited:
If someone only needs a phone only, a flip phone will do the job just fine.. Has nothing to do with being electronically adverse. It seems some always have to question someone else's needs.
I guess you are right-some people don't need a wealth of information at their finger tips.

The question that begs to be asked is-"Why a flip Phone?" Is she that electronics adverse?
One nice advantage of a flip phone is it fits in the pocket nicer than the over sized smart phones of today.

Also, saves some money in addition to not enticing you to waste all kinds of time surfing the net.

I do concede, many disadvantages to a flip. I gave mine up a few years ago to get a modern phone.

Reality is flip phone use same Android OS stripped down in function and able to work with keypad. They are typically quite capable just smartphone function is hidden or not directly exposed.

The downside is there is no money in flip phones so the interface and OS execution is really poor and somewhat buggy.

The small type and screen on a flip phone might be a disadvantage. Even the basic model
iPhone can be set up with easier controls for her. The bigger screen would be an advantage in this case.

Back